Your favorite genres

The Literature Forum is where you can talk about your favourite books, authors and short stories. Please direct all Artemis Fowl/Eoin Colfer related discussion to the appropriate forum though!
artificialGenius
Sprite
AFC Fan Fiction Name: artificialGenius

Your favorite genres

Postby artificialGenius » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:35 am

Okay, there was another one, but the last time it was posted in was January of 2010, so posting in it again would technically be necromancy. I don't know if there's rules against that here, but I'd rather not risk it.
Anyway, what are your favorite genres of books?
Mine are (hard) science fiction, fantasy, and young adult (when it's well-written).
My avatar was made by feastings on tumblr.
"Well, you've gotta stop selling your soul to the devil. He's just gonna want more and more, it's like a drug."

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Re: Your favorite genres

Postby AthenaParadizo » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:25 am

I really like fantasy, too, but not the happy-little-fairies kind of stuff. The more serious kinds of magic-related books appeal to me. (Haha, this was one of the reasons why I'm interested in AF).
Shakespeare is great, too. (Even if he does occasionally have happy-little-fairies, but the language more than makes up for it).
Young adult as a genre- hmm. Do you mean stereotypical young adult (like vampire romances, dystopian fiction, basically what most teenagers are expected to be reading) or something different? Or just YA in general?
I enjoy serious, realistic books like The Elegance of the Hedgehog, and also well-written romances, like Jane Austen.

artificialGenius
Sprite
AFC Fan Fiction Name: artificialGenius

Re: Your favorite genres

Postby artificialGenius » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:47 am

I really like fantasy, too, but not the happy-little-fairies kind of stuff. The more serious kinds of magic-related books appeal to me. (Haha, this was one of the reasons why I'm interested in AF).
Shakespeare is great, too. (Even if he does occasionally have happy-little-fairies, but the language more than makes up for it).
Young adult as a genre- hmm. Do you mean stereotypical young adult (like vampire romances, dystopian fiction, basically what most teenagers are expected to be reading) or something different? Or just YA in general?
I enjoy serious, realistic books like The Elegance of the Hedgehog, and also well-written romances, like Jane Austen.
I meant something like John Green's The Fault In Our Stars. Though I do love dystopian fiction that is also YA like Cinder, which is really good. It sort of depends on how well-written it is.
My avatar was made by feastings on tumblr.
"Well, you've gotta stop selling your soul to the devil. He's just gonna want more and more, it's like a drug."

Return to “Literature”