[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Lyrics - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Lyrics

Are you into rock? Metal? Drum'n'Bass? Indie? Talk about it here, and share your musical knowledge and thoughts with everyone else!
Nikita
Tweetie

Lyrics

Postby Nikita » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:25 am

I've been meaning to create this thread for a while, though I never got around to doing it. Anyway, post lyrics that are particularly meaningful to you here. Be sure to cite the song and artist, though! Razz

Anyway, I think I'll start it off:

Over My Head by The Fray

I never knew
I never knew that everything was falling through
And everyone I knew was waiting on a queue
To turn and run
When all I needed was the truth
But that's how it's gotta be
It's coming down to nothing more than apathy
I'd rather run the other way than stay and see
The smoke and who's still standing when it clears

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head,
Over my head
With eight seconds left in overtime
She's on your mind,
She's on your mind...

Let's rearrange,
I wish you were a stranger I could disengage
Just say that we agree and then never change
Soften a bit until we all just get along
But that's disregard
Find another friend and you discard
As you lose the argument in a cable car
Hanging above as the canyon comes between...

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head,
Over my head,
With eight seconds left in overtime,
She's on your mind,
She's on your...

Suddenly,
I become part of your past
I'm becoming the part that don't last
I'm losing you and it's effortless
Without a sound
I lose sight of the ground in the throwaround
Never thought you wanted to bring it down
I won't let it go down til we torch it ourselves

And everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
She's on your mind...

Everyone knows
She's on your mind
Everyone knows I'm in over my head,
I'm in over my head,
I'm over my

Everyone knows I'm in
Over my head
Over my head
She's on your mind...

Right-o, you get the point?
Owen: You okay? Want to get a drink or something?
Cristina: Oh. Oh, now we're on again 'cause the mood suits you? Because I'm the sad little girl with no friends and I tripped your savior complex into action? Usually I can deal with the hot and cold thing, but not today. Just leave me the hell alone.

lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous
Real First Name: Lauren

Re: Lyrics

Postby lethe_naiad » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:59 pm

I believe I get the point.

Of Fire, by Switchfoot:

Tell you where you need to go
Tell you who you need to be
Tell you what you need to know
Tell you when you’ll need to leave

But everything inside you knows
Says more than what you’ve heard
So much more than empty conversations
Filled with empty words

Chorus:

And you’re on fire
When he’s near you
You’re on fire
When he speaks
You’re on fire
Burning at these mysteries

Give me one more time around
Give me one more chance to see
Give me everything you are
Give me one more chance to be... (near you)

Cause everything inside looks like
Everything I hate
You are the hope I have for change
You are the only chance I’ll take

When I’m on fire
When you’re near me
I’m on fire
When you speak
And I’m on fire
Burning at these mysteries
These mysteries...

I’m standing on the edge of me
I’m standing on the edge

And I’m on fire
When you’re near you
I’m on fire
When you speak
(yea) I’m on fire
Burning at these mysteries...

artyboy
Pixie
Real First Name: Nikolai

Postby artyboy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:19 pm

Silverflame bi Dizzy Mizz Lizzy

Sorrow hides under the water
Sorrow is my only friend
Sorrow stands beside the doorway
And sorrow needs a helping hand

Girl in a glass box dressed in white
Happy enough to commit suicide
She said silver's meant to burn forever

Sleeping forever in a bubble of blue
Would you like to see her point of view?
She said silver's meant to burn forever
- Forever

[Chorus]
Say my name Silverflame and take control
Of my heart of, my mind and of my soul
What a shame Silverflame that you can't burn forever

Of my heart, of my mind and of my soul
What a shame Silverflame, that you can't burn forever

And in the garden is a cheap hotel
Only invited if your thing went well
She said that silver's meant to burn forever

Sleeping forever in a bubble of blue
Would you like to see her point of view?
She said that silver's meant to burn forever
- Forever

[Chorus]

and Time (blue signs) by Troels Gustavsen

I can't see things if I want to
close my eyes, if I wont
But what can I do, when nightmares come true
what can I do

Thoughts are running through my door
I can't not hold them back no more
what would you do, if sorrow came to you
What could you do

Time is getting on my mind
I need to leave it behind
Time is getting on, my mind
Blue signs
Blue signs

When I sleep I am awake
And when I dream, I forget
cause what can I do, when nightmares come true
what can I do

Blue signs, Blue signs

Blue signs,ohh blue signs

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:29 pm

Teardrop by Massive Attack. XD

Love, love is a verb
Love is a doing word
Fearless on my breath
Gentle impulsion
Shakes me makes me lighter
Fearless on my breath

Teardrop on the fire
Fearless on my breath

Nine night of matter
Black flowers blossom
Fearless on my breath
Black flowers blossom
Fearless on my breath

Teardrop on the fire
Fearless on my breath

Water is my eye
Most faithful mirror
Fearless on my breath
Teardrop on the fire of a confession
Fearless on my breath
Most faithful mirror
Fearless on my breath

Teardrop on the fire
Fearless on my breath

Stumbling a little
Stumbling a little

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:11 pm

I don't have lyrics to post, except OMG HOUSE THEME SONG SQUEEEE! Teardrop is incredibly meaningful to me... because it means an episode of House has just begun. XD

[/fangirl spam]

I should look through my favorite songs and snip out the good lyrics for this thread.

(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, )

Sydney Fowl
Centaur

Postby Sydney Fowl » Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:47 pm

This is my favorite song in the whole world:

All These Things That I've Done by The Killers

When there's nowhere else to run
Is there room for one more son
One more son
If you can hold on
If you can hold on, hold on
I wanna stand up, I wanna let go
You know, you know - no you don't, you don't
I wanna shine on in the hearts of men
I wanna mean it from the back of my broken hand

Another head aches, another heart breaks
I am so much older than I can take
And my affection, well it comes and goes
I need direction to perfection, no no no no

Help me out
Yeah, you know you got to help me out
Yeah, oh don't you put me on the back burner
You know you got to help me out

And when there's nowhere else to run
Is there room for one more son
These changes ain't changing me
The gold-hearted boy I used to be

You're gonna bring yourself down
Yeah, you're gonna bring yourself down

[x10]
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier

Over and in, last call for sin
While everyone's lost, the battle is won
With all these things that I've done
All these things that I've done
If you can hold on
If you can hold on

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:13 pm

The Killers have great lyrics! Very Happy These are some of their's* I adore:

Read My Mind by The Killers

"Read My Mind"

On the corner of main street
Just tryin' to keep it in line
You say you wanna move on and
You say I'm falling behind

Can you read my mind?
Can you read my mind?

I never really gave up on
Breakin' out of this two-star town
I got the green light
I got a little fight
I'm gonna turn this thing around

Can you read my mind?
Can you read my mind?

The good old days, the honest man;
The restless heart, the Promised Land
A subtle kiss that no one sees;
A broken wrist and a big trapeze

Oh well I don't mind, if you don't mind
'Cause I don't shine if you don't shine
Before you go, can you read my mind?

It’s funny how you just break down
Waitin' on some sign
I pull up to the front of your driveway
With magic soakin' my spine

Can you read my mind?
Can you read my mind?

The teenage queen, the loaded gun;
The drop dead dream, the Chosen One
A southern drawl, a world unseen;
A city wall and a trampoline

Oh well I don't mind, if you don't mind
Before you jump
Tell me what you find when you read my mind

Slippin’ in my faith until I fall
You never returned that call
Woman, open the door, don't let it sting
I wanna breathe that fire again

She said I don't mind, if you don't mind

Put your back on me
Put your back on me
Put your back on me

The stars are blazing like rebel diamonds cut out of the sun
When you read my mind

(* is the apostrophe right? o_O)

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:37 pm

(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, )

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:45 pm

The Walrus
Our Fair Lady

Postby The Walrus » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:03 am

The lyrics to (Sitting on) The Dock of the Bay have a lot of meaning to me:

Sitting in the morning sun
I'll be sitting when the evening comes
Watching the ships roll in
Then I watch them roll away again
I'm sitting on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
I'm just sitting on the dock of the bay
Wasting time

I left my home in Georgia
Headed for the Frisco bay
Cause I've had nothing to live for
It looked like nothing's gonna come my way, so
I'm just gonna sit on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
I'm sitting on the dock of the bay
Wasting time

Looks like nothing's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same

Sitting here resting my bones
And this loneliness won't leave me alone
Two thousand miles I roam
Just to make this dock my home
Now I'm just gonna sit at the dock of the bay
Watchin' the tide roll away
Sitting on the dock of the bay
Wasting time

The guy in the song moved from Georgia to the Frisco bay (wherever that is) and now he's basically just sitting on the dock feeling depressed and lonely, and (according to my interpretation) he's pretty much lost everything. I just moved from Houston to the middle of nowhere and and I'm pretty much feeling the same way this guy is.
Official Mascot of the AFC Secret Agents

Well, John the Baptist after torturing a thief
Looks up at his hero the Commander-in-Chief
Saying, "Tell me great hero, but please make it brief
Is there a hole for me to get sick in?"

The Commander-in-Chief answers him while chasing a fly
Saying, "Death to all those who would whimper and cry"
And dropping a bar bell he points to the sky
Saying, "The sun's not yellow it's chicken"
-Tombstone Blues, Bob Dylan

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:41 am

Drops of Jupiter (train)

Now that shes back in the atmosphere
With drops of jupiter in her hair, hey, hey
She acts like summer and walks like rain
Reminds me that theres time to change, hey, hey
Since the return from her stay on the moon
She listens like spring and she talks like june, hey, hey

Tell me did you sail across the sun
Did you make it to the milky way to see the lights all faded
And that heaven is overrated

Tell me, did you fall for a shooting star
One without a permanent scar
And did you miss me while you were looking at yourself out there

Now that shes back from that soul vacation
Tracing her way through the constellation, hey, hey
She checks out mozart while she does tae-bo
Reminds me that theres time to grow, hey, hey

Now that shes back in the atmosphere
Im afraid that she might think of me as plain ol jane
Told a story about a man who is too afraid to fly so he never did land

Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet
Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
And head back to the milky way
And tell me, did venus blow your mind
Was it everything you wanted to find
And did you miss me while you were looking for yourself out there

Can you imagine no love, pride, deep-fried chicken
Your best friend always sticking up for you even when I know youre wrong
Can you imagine no first dance, freeze dried romance five-hour phone
Conversation
The best soy latte that you ever had . . . and me

Tell me did the wind sweep you off your feet
Did you finally get the chance to dance along the light of day
And head back toward the milky way

Repeat 1st chorus
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

The Walrus
Our Fair Lady

Postby The Walrus » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:05 am

Just out of curiousity, how do those lyrics mean something to you, Shawbing?

artyboy
Pixie
Real First Name: Nikolai

Postby artyboy » Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:23 am

Linkin Park - In The End

(It starts with)
One thing / I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know
time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It's so unreal
Didn't look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on / but didn't even know
Wasted it all just to
Watch you go
I kept everything inside and even though I tried / it all fell apart
What it meant to me / will eventually / be a memory / of a time when I tried
so hard

And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

One thing / I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try
Keep that in mind / I designed this rhyme
To remind myself how
I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I'm surprised it got so (far)
Things aren't the way they were before
You wouldn't even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me
In the end
You kept everything inside and even though I tried / it all fell apart
What it meant to me / will eventually / be a memory / of a time when I
I tried so hard

And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
And for all this
There's only one thing you should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
And for all this
There's only one thing you should know
I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:23 pm

Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

The Walrus
Our Fair Lady

Postby The Walrus » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:33 am

Edit (January 4): This song had some meaning when I posted it's lyrics on here last year but now it's completely meaningless.
Last edited by The Walrus on Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Music”