[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Classical Music! - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Classical Music!

Are you into rock? Metal? Drum'n'Bass? Indie? Talk about it here, and share your musical knowledge and thoughts with everyone else!
IzzyTehMuse
Applied Phlebotinum
Applied Phlebotinum

Classical Music!

Postby IzzyTehMuse » Sun May 10, 2009 11:39 pm

Well, mebbe this thread has already been created...so feel free to lock it, my dear moddies.

But who/what is your favourite classical piece/composer? Do you play any classical music?
Do you like classical music? Do you hate it? Talk about anything and everything classical here!

I play the piano, so I play some/a lot of classical music.

Some of my favorite composers to PLAY are Debussy, Tchaikovsky, Chopin, Saint-Saens, Dvorak, and Gerswhin! (I've played songs by all of the above...although I've never really officially played through a Chopin song...too distracted.)

As you can tell from the above list...I'm not as much into "Classical Period" music. Yes, I've played it. Yes, I understand the technical wonders of it. No, I still don't like it. Just seems too mechanical to me. ;)

Me and a friend are playing Royal March of the Lion, The Aquarium, and Fossils from Saint-Saens's Carnival of the Animals. I'm so excited. YAY! AND I just found the music for his "Danse Macabre." So...we may be playing that for fun sometime.

So, what's your take on all this. Frankly, it's just an excuse for me to gush about what I listen to/play a lot. YAY!

~!zzy
"Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all of those things—trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and Aslan himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones[." - Puddleglum, The Silver Chair

"I have had to believe a great deal in God because I have lost my belief in men." -Elias, Noli Me Tangere

"The price of freedom is learning to coexist with that which you hate." -- My
cousin.

*rapes* I love you, Izzy. :P

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Re: Classical Music!

Postby sharkie » Mon May 11, 2009 8:39 pm

i used to be able to play the cello part to Danse Macabre- I did it in an orchestra... about three years ago. Let's not talk about it though >__<

Had to drop cello though,still have IT, but don't have time to get back into it. So I lost my remote interest in classical music- it's fun to play. And that's it. (I prefer really really slow things or marches, not in between)
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Chitiliti
Commander
Real First Name: Cait
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Chitiliti

Postby Chitiliti » Mon May 25, 2009 4:58 pm

lol you should mail that cello to me, Sharkie. o-o

Anyways..yeah, classical music. I love it. I'm not good with being able to tell different composers apart or tell you the name of a song or anything, but I really enjoy listening to it.

I liked Tchaikovsky's "Romeo and Juliet" the song that lasts for like...20 minutes.
I also like Raindrop by Chopin. Took me years to find out what it was called and who it was by.
It was in a Halo commercial!
As cheesy and cliche as it is, I also really like Claire De Lune by Debussy. I listen to it over and over and I liked it before it was in Twilight.
Also cheesy and cliche, In the Hall of the Mountain King (I forget who composed it) is a good one.
I have a lot of classical music that I like but have no idea of the composer or the title of the song. :(

I kind of got frustrated with composers a few years ago when I had to do a 13 page report on them. I had to pick two from each era. I had to do it because I was on probation in my band class... even though I was leaving anyways. =-=

The Other MasterMind
Swear Toad

Postby The Other MasterMind » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:53 pm

Anyone else into classical vocals?

Katherine Jenkins is one of the best relatively new artists, in my opinion. I'll think of some more later.

I like Peter and the Wolf by Sergei Prokofiev. I play the clarinet myself and I greatly admire the musicians who play the Cat. I heard a beautiful rendition of it recently, but I cannot recall the name of the group performing...

winnie1994
Atlantean
Real First Name: Winnie

Postby winnie1994 » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:28 pm

XD I did French Horn and Clarinet and Trumpet and Piano before I left the happy period of time called Homeworkless Childhood :S *hands up to the other mastermind*I'm still doing Choir singing though. Went touring to Austria Italy Hungary Germany Czech Korea China!!!
Umm my newest classical fav are probably In Paradisum of Faure's Requiem(sry is that how it's spelled? when I come home I always listen to it before I sleep)
and Pacbell's baroque-string version Canon never fails to wow me:)
Have you guys heard of the choral piece"Mountain nights"?? I sung that one two years ago and it was awesome:)) the modern chords clash beautifully, and the feeling totally fits the title.
Fav classical vocalist is Chloe Agnew. I love her voice-- so pure and soft and smooth.
Lollipops!---Artemis Fowl Junior

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Hannah

Postby Ihdreniel » Sun Jun 21, 2009 4:35 am

I loooove classical music. My favorite composer is probably Bach, but as for my favorite piece... I have a lot, but if I had to go with just one I'd choose Pachelbel's "Canon in D". My violin teacher makes fun of me because I'm so obsessed with it. :|

As for playing it, I'm in a small orchestra, and we play classical stuff sometimes. We have a concert tomorrow, actually, and we're playing two classical pieces: the first movement of Mozart's Symphony No. 25 in G minor, and Edvard Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite.
"eeeep!" says the insane chibling.
And then. . .

It attacks.

Co-President of the Obnoxious Teenager Club
"Quantity > quality! Remember that."
~ Voldy

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants 'is paycheck.)

Invisible Ninja
Pixie

Postby Invisible Ninja » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:37 pm

Yes I like classical music immensely also. I do not know enough about it to have a favourite composer or piece; mostly I just listen to whatever because I like the generally quiet, background, yet active music style.

And very facinating geeky note spoiler at the top, Izzy. :)

lionoftheredsand
Gremlin
Real First Name: Ryan

Postby lionoftheredsand » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:52 pm

I like Debussy, Chopin, Beethoven. and a few ohers that I'm drawing a blank on right now.

One of my favorite pieces is Claire de lune.

Arty1995
Centaur

Postby Arty1995 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:08 pm

Eternity Awards - Strangest member, 2010, 2011
Eternity Awards - Most Changed member, 2011
Eternity Awards - Looovers <3 [DATA EXPUNGED], Conquer the world! 2012

chinara
Dwarf
Location: In the back of your mind, corrupting your sense of right and wrong

Postby chinara » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:06 am

I love classical music! ~<3 Be it the accurate time epoque we are talking about or the term in general, I have favorites in most of them! Bach is good for the soul. Like purification in perfection. Beethoven, Schubert and Mozart are a delight for the senses while Paganini winds you up with his awesomeness! ~<3 Chopin calms an irritated soul, Sibelius makes you cry. ~<3 I love it.

Art, Banner and Icon by me

"Of course. Everyone and everything deserves to live. The only question is: How long will that be?"
- Kraz Noirame

"Because no one would believe his ranting about the
PaRaNOrMaL but the PaRaNOrMaL itself."
- Invader ZIM fanfic, RILZIT

Tyrison
Ty(rosine)
Real First Name: Mary
Location: Preferably in a good book, AFC, writing fanfic, or working on my novel. ^_^

Postby Tyrison » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:18 pm

I really like some of the stuff they used in Fantasia 2000...especially the section from the Firebird Suite(I love it to death), the Piano Concerto No. 2, Opus 102 - Allegro(the one they used for the Steadfast Tin Soldier), and their version of Pomp and Circumstance. Everyone thinks that it's so boring because they use it for graduations, but when you take the song out of that context, it's really quite a beautiful song. ^^

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:37 pm

The only thing that might be considered classical music are my opera songs sung by Pavoratti and the British Opera Choir.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

Natasha2010
Cave Troll

Postby Natasha2010 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:37 am

I liked the Tchaikovsky Romeo and Juliet song, which lasts for like 20 minutes ... I also like the raindrop is Chopin It took years to discover what has been called and who is was the Halo commercial. How cheese and cliché as it is, I am also very Debussy is Claire de Lune. listen again, and I liked it before it was dusk. That would be a nice hear to song

Zuzana2010
Cave Troll

Postby Zuzana2010 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:58 am

Classical music is making nice comeback. Some of its rising popularity may be due to the themes used on Japanese mangas and anime. There is centuries old method for teaching young musicians how to compose classical music. In fact many of great composers underwent exact same kinds of exercises and compositional procedures that are taught today. There has somewhat of erosion of these principals, most noticeably in Universities, however many schools of music and conservatories still preserve older traditions.

Sorcha
Commander

Postby Sorcha » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:59 am

Sorry if I'm necro posting here.

I only really got into classical music in high school, never had the patience for it before. Among my favourites are Mozart's Wind Serenade in Bb 'Gran Partita' (the adagio movement) and the Allegretto in Beethoven's Symphony no.7. There are other pieces I like but those are probably the two I like best.

raped by immortal and then sprinkled with love from kitty (:
you dare rape my sig?! o: i'ma gonna find out who did that. *kidnaps sig*

*raped with kisses and love from kitty again* ;)

Return to “Music”