[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Classical Music! - Page 2 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Classical Music!

Are you into rock? Metal? Drum'n'Bass? Indie? Talk about it here, and share your musical knowledge and thoughts with everyone else!
Sorcha
Commander

Re: Classical Music!

Postby Sorcha » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:59 am

Sorry if I'm necro posting here.

I only really got into classical music in high school, never had the patience for it before. Among my favourites are Mozart's Wind Serenade in Bb 'Gran Partita' (the adagio movement) and the Allegretto in Beethoven's Symphony no.7. There are other pieces I like but those are probably the two I like best.

raped by immortal and then sprinkled with love from kitty (:
you dare rape my sig?! o: i'ma gonna find out who did that. *kidnaps sig*

*raped with kisses and love from kitty again* ;)

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:06 pm

I LOVE classical music, but I recently dicovered classical rock from War of the Worlds. The eve of war is a classical rock piece and I LOVE it.
Other than that, I like Beethoven's 5th, 7th, and 9th symphonies. :loveeyes:

I see you too! XD

Exit
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Exit » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:12 am

Peer Gynt Suite No. 1, Op. 46, or "Morning Mood," remains one of my favorite pieces. I'm sort of biased against most classical music because it lacks hooks; I come from a very alternative/punk rock background, so I grew up on songs that were short, sweet, and catchy. Classical music tends to be sprawling and dynamic with no interest in anything other than pure feeling. However, this song is different. It has a very memorable progression with great pacing and thought-provoking interplay. I can't get enough of it. I even covered it as a gift for someone. 8)

Also, one of the other things I dislike about classical music is that one can't really dance to it. :P

Sorcha
Commander

Postby Sorcha » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:40 am

raped by immortal and then sprinkled with love from kitty (:
you dare rape my sig?! o: i'ma gonna find out who did that. *kidnaps sig*

*raped with kisses and love from kitty again* ;)

hyunjoonglovie
Elf
Real First Name: Jess :P

Postby hyunjoonglovie » Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:08 am

I like Yunus, he is incredibly talented. Something of an inspiration for me ♥

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name: Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:43 pm

I like classical music... I dont listen to it on my MP or anything, but i wouldent find it torture like most people I know... my favorite composer is defenently Tchaikovsky, because I learned some ballet when I was young and the Nutcracker was always my personal favorite....
I actually learned some violin and mandolina (I'm not sure if thats how they call the instrument in english) but I cant read notes or anything....
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Opal, do you mean mandolin?
I like lots of classical music- but I can't say what because every single Renaissance woman in my annoying family plays classical music on the piano 24/7. It all kind of blurs.

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name: Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:06 pm

I assume it might as well be mandolin... this little giutarish thing from Italy?

about the blurr, yeah- classical music tends to blur a bit...
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

AthenaParadizo
Commander

Postby AthenaParadizo » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:43 pm

The only classical that doesn't blur is stuff like the Harry Potter theme (which I consider slassical, even if it was written recently).

Multiverse
Elf

Postby Multiverse » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:15 pm

I stumbled upon this topic on the 'New Posts'-list, so I thought I'd just drop by and mention that I'm listening to my Mozart playlist right now. At the moment I'm hearing Turkish March. =)

AliceFowl
Dwarf
Real First Name: Veronica

Postby AliceFowl » Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:27 pm

THE FOUR SEASONS!!! All right, yes, it is technically Baroque, but who cares...Also, Corelli's La Folia, Bach Suites, Smetana's Moldau, Schubert Unfinished...the list goes on....and on...
arikichu

La Souris Bleue
Tunnel Blue Spider
Real First Name: Alice

Postby La Souris Bleue » Sat Feb 21, 2015 1:55 pm

Another thread I'll try bringing back from the dead :D
I like classical music a lot, even though I'm more a rocker in the soul. My favourite composer is Claude Debussy, who was an Impressionist. He composed some very famous pieces like Clair de Lune and Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun :) I used to play cello once, but I quit when I arrived in high school last year cause it took me too much time and energy ; but I'd love to buy one and keep playing for myself :)

Return to “Music”