[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php on line 190: Undefined offset: 84
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4541: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3291)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4541: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3291)
RP Competitions. - Start July 11th (we hope.) - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

RP Competitions. - Start July 11th (we hope.)

All other projects from the past.

Can you take part in the competition?

Yes
80%
Maybe
20%
No
No votes

Total votes: 10

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

RP Competitions. - Start July 11th (we hope.)

Postby Kitsy » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:02 pm

Date: Aprox. July 11th start. Finished very early August, around the 2nd.

Okay. Exams are over so here we go.
Firstly, is everyone okay with having the tournament/competition set outside the real world? Shiaw explained it pretty well:
So basically what your saying, is that we could have an RP about anything: Like the classic sci-fi mystery, murder mystery, romance, or any other genre we can think of?
That's any place, any time, any storyline.

We need a fancy name for this tournament of sorts. Can anyone come up with one? That's very important as we can hardly have a competition without something good to call it. I was thinking something along the lines of a medieval name, something to do with quills or words or whatever. PM me any ideas you've got please because I don't have any!

Now, we have a few ideas for competitions.

+ Most interesting character
This would be one post, we'd put a word minimum/limit on it later, where you describe a character and what they're doing in a situation/world that you make up.

+ Most imaginative/best role-play storyline

+ Best fight scene.
You'd pair up with someone else to write this.

+ Best in-character post.
I'd create a random storyline or situation, and each person would respond in their own way.

+ Best dualogue/maybe more
Again pair up or in groups and do maybe one post each in a role-play.

More ideas people!
Then we could have best attention to detail, best writing which we would choose from all the posts and see who has consistantly written the best etc.

But yeah, I can't think up all of this alone, I need your help!
Also, can you get hold of others on AFC who maybe havn't role-played in a while or aren't active anymore and get them to join in? I may advertise it so maybe we can get some people who don't normally role-play but are interesting in writing can have a go. Again, talk to friends on AFC who don't rp but like writing and might be interested. It'd be more fun with more people ^_^
Also, if this is going to work I need to know that a fair few people will be participating. We need a minimum of 8 people I think, so I'll put up a poll and vote to say you'll be taking part.

So, I've been looking round the RP forum and I have to say, the quality of some the posts here are absolutely brilliant. Anyway, I was thinking that since you guys seem to know what you're doing, we hold a few RP competitions around here.

Unfortuantely, this is probably the busiest time of the year for most of us (as most of us are students and exam time, at least for me, starts soon.) I know most of us will be off in the summer months, so I was thinking of doing them around then.

This thread is for suggestions, what kind of competitions do you guys want? Is there anyone here who would be willing to help organise them?

There could be competitons for the best fight scene, the most interesting character, the best dualogue/more people-logue xD, most interesting RP idea etc etc. Maybe even an on-going RP which has two sides/gangs and you guys can play that out.

I'm thinking of having this competitons outside the AF universe, as it's quite restricting. So yeah, tell me what y'all think (:
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Griffar
Commander
Real First Name: Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Griffar

Re: RP Competitions.

Postby Griffar » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:46 pm

Well i can't think of any ideas but I'm more than willing to help organise the competitions if need be. And outside tha AF universe. Is that supposed to mean another website??

I know you love one hundreds and thousands

Your Tears don't fall, they crash aroud me

Her conscience calls, the guilty to come home

gotta love Bullet For My Valentine

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aliasZ

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:25 am

I like the ideas you already came up with for competitions, like the best fight scene and most interesting character. In fact, I like the whole idea of RP competitions. But there aren't that many of us who RP on a regular basis, which means we could all get like two prizes each. The good thing about offering prizes for RPers is that more people might want to RP, which is great because then we can make RPs with more people.

And what do you mean, "outside the AF universe?" Like, plots that don't have to do with Artemis Fowl or Haven or the fairies or anything? Because I had a really cool idea for an RP that most definitely has to do with the fairies and Artemis Fowl...
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:57 pm

By outside the AF universe I meant you could have characters, role-play ideas, scenes etc. that have nothing to do with AF. When I rp'ed, a while back on another forum, there was no boundries, they were about anything you wanted.

And if you have any good AF rp plot ideas, go ahead and make them now if you have time, then touch them up for the competiton.

Griffar, I'll keep that in mind. After exam time, I'll message you and we can plan something?

As for prizes, I'll have to talk to the rest of the mods about that. Atm this is just a little thing I thought of - how about badges or titles? Maybe we could see if there are any Graphics enthusiasts around who could help.

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:03 pm

I think an obvious prize would be VIP access. But possibilities could also be badges. Like the moderator ones only saying "RPG COMPETITION WINNER" or something like that.

Me, Kitsy and any other girl (or boy) who wants to also might be able to seduce Voldy into doing a banner. Possibly. If he says no we could hold an extra competition to find a banner maker ;)

Just for an idea of what you might get.
:P
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it is! ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:42 pm

Here we are organising one competition and we are coming up with lots of others.

I think that VIP access is a little too much. Because this isn't like Ffotm were it is a big decision and is a big title, this is sort of like a little game thing among RP'ers. And with getting Voldy to do the banner how bout we all send him a pm asking(i aint doing no seducing) him to make us a little banner.

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:33 pm

The prizes will be discussed in the moderating room, and we'll get back to you when we have a competition. So you guys get thinking about ideas for that!
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:48 pm

I like the idea of best fight scene. Who will be judging this???

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:58 am

I could also help organize competitions, but I'm a little stressed out now with school and stuff. I just got back from spring break, but the teachers are piling on the work and exams aren't far away. And as for prizes, I also think that VIP access is a bit much, but a cool banner would definitely work for me. Or, you know how under a moderator's display pic is has a little thing that says "MODERATOR?" Maybe the RP competition winner could have one of those that says that they won a competition. That could work with anything. Maybe even for FFotM and stuff. A little thing that says I WON A COMPETITION or something. :lick:

This is kind of a random question, but isn't Tyrison the official RP Forum mod? I don't have any complaints with Kitsy or sharkie, I'm just asking why you both have been doing the RP moderating job instead of Ty.

Griffar
Commander

Postby Griffar » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:04 am

Because they are Global Moderators. They-i assume- are alowed to moderate any of the forums. And the idea of a banner is a good idea. I think that's what Kitsy was talking about.

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:17 pm

Kitty and I put alot of effort into the RPG forum recently.

You remember that horrible old forum? Well we purged that, and started up this heavily moderated one. Ty recently became a global moderator, just kept the colour, so when me and Kitty redid the rules and etc we began moderating this forum because we wanted to make sure the rules were followed. Ty was too busy for that intensive moderating though.
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:53 pm

Yeah, Ty's been doing alot of stuff in RL, not to mention her computer's been messing around recently.

At the moment, we're just coming up with ideas, nothing more. We'll actually start planning later on, perhaps around the June area. I'll ask again then to see who wants to help.

As for who'll be judging, I'm not sure really! I'll definetly help judging, perhaps Sharkie if she wants to, and maybe someone else who helps organising. If we have one member helping organise one of the events, they can help judge that one and then take part in a different even where someone else is helping.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:51 am

Hey I'm willing to help. If I can't help with anything I'm willing to give out ideas for the competition. Like the best in character rp competition. In that one would take a character from the universe and play that character.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Thu May 28, 2009 9:45 pm

I would love to help out with the competition, anything. And I thought that maybe the winners of RP competitions could get personalized rankings...? That would be fun.

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:58 am

By outside the AF universe I meant you could have characters, role-play ideas, scenes etc. that have nothing to do with AF. When I rp'ed, a while back on another forum, there was no boundries, they were about anything you wanted.
So basically what your saying, is that we could have an RP about anything: Like the classic sci-fi mystery, murder mystery, romance, or any other genre we can think of?

Perhaps we could also have prizes such as: Best attention to detail, best imagination, Best writing in general. Just a few suggestions.
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Return to “Other Projects”