[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php on line 190: Undefined offset: 84
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
RP Competitions. - Start July 11th (we hope.) - Page 2 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

RP Competitions. - Start July 11th (we hope.)

All other projects from the past.

80%
20%
No votes

Total votes: 10

Griffar
Commander
Real First Name: Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Griffar

Re: RP Competitions.

Postby Griffar » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:22 am

I was talking to Kitsy about that-the ranks-, and she said it's a possibility, but there are a lot of free ranks going away, with the b'day comp, and all, so Matt might be a little reluctant to give out more.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Re: RP Competitions.

Postby Kitsy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:59 pm

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aliasZ

Re: RP Competitions. - Please read first post, updated!

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:05 pm

I haven't voted yet on the poll. My finals start tomorrow and I'm a little stressed at the moment. Once school is over (eight days!) I'll vote. Speaking of which, this will probably be the last time I sign on until about two days after school ends. I definitely want to take part in this, so don't start without me! :>

I was a little confused though, about some of the competitions. The best fight scene and the best dualogue, for example. Those scenes would have to be part of a bigger RP, not just a whole new topic called "Nominee for Best Fight Scene" or something, right?

Not trying to make this difficult or anything, but I think that if the RPs are open to anything, it could get a little insane. People might start RPs having to do with other books or something, and then other RPers wouldn't be able to join if they haven't read the book. Again, I don't want to make problems. I just don't want to feel restricted to certain RPs. I like being able to pick and choose from existing RPs, knowing that I can join any of them. If they're taken from other books and movies and whatnot, it would create a barrier for some RPers who would otherwise want to join.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:26 pm

This wouldn't be people starting role-plays. It would be two people getting together and writing a fight scene post in any situation and submitting it etc.

Also for general rps that have no limits aren't usually about other books or movies, but about ideas or worlds that the person makes up and that people get involved in.

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:57 am

nevermind =3 just read your last post.

So we could write our entries over PM and submit them when they're done?

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:27 am

Griffar
Commander
Real First Name: Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Griffar

Postby Griffar » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:31 pm

Hey i have an idea about what HS_RJ was talking about. Maybe, for copms, we have separate genres. So say, we have a Sci-Fi kind of theme. And themn people have to create a fightscene or whatever for that theme. And it can't be based on books. Then we have a little badge for the winner saying "Space RP'er" or somthing like that... it might keep it a little easire.

P.S Kitsy, did you still need me to help with anything???

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:04 pm

Atm I'm waiting to see if we'll have enough people. If we don't get enough people, I'm afraid we'll either have to cancel it or postpone it.

The thing is, that would be very complicated. We'd have to have a specific competition for each genre etc. Not to mention that genre shouldn't really have anything to do with your ability to role-play as you can easily adapt to a genre, and if you don't know much about it (ie. space!) you can just make it up xD

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Can we wait at least a week before starting any competitions? I have finals this week and half of next, and then I'm free. I'd also be more than willing to help out, so PM me if you need anything. :>

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:48 pm

I'm not sure if I get it entirely... are any RPs made within a certain time limit eligible, or will there be a separate forum? Can users create and participate in more than one RP within the contest? Do we have to specify what we're going for in our rp (ie, best fight scene, etc) before we begin? Or hasn't any of that been decided yet? =3 Aaaand, some ideas for a title:

Roleplay Rumble
Roleplay Relay
Roleplay Roulette (I know, I know, Roulette is a game of chance and has nothing to do with literature at all, but it still sounds cool XD)
Last edited by Winter on Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Axartsme
Armadillo King
Real First Name: Alexander

Postby Axartsme » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:30 pm

I've got an idea for the name.

Roleplaying madness!

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:34 am

Howsabout To The Win?

Ya know, like to the death... oh, never mind. :lick:

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:21 am

The Roleplay Roulette sounds great! What do people think of that?

Ahh, I don't think I explained it very well. Okay, here goes.

I will have a sub-forum created for this competition. Every day, or every two days or ever week (depending on how many competitions we have) I will set a task. For example, I will set a scenario in any setting and you would have to create the most interesting character to fit that, or the best fight scene, or with another person make the best two-person role-play in only a few posts or something. One competition may be to create the best idea for a role-play, or write one post that would introduce a character that you have made up in a situation that you have made up. Or perhaps there could be one where people get into small groups and there would be one major role-play and they would have to work against each other or something and which ever group wins or has the best role-playing techniques would win that one.

As you can see, it's a bit hazy atm. I'm still trying to get the details sorted out.

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:09 pm

That sounds like fun. But what is a Roulette?

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:19 pm

Ahaha, nothing to do with the competition, but it sounds good. It's a casino game where people bet on which section of a spinning board the "roulette" or the chip will come to rest on.

Return to “Other Projects”