[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php on line 190: Undefined offset: 84
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4541: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3291)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4541: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3291)
[HOWTO] How to download/install AFC Messenger BETA 2 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

[HOWTO] How to download/install AFC Messenger BETA 2

All other projects from the past.
TrojanCentaur
Centaur

[HOWTO] How to download/install AFC Messenger BETA 2

Postby TrojanCentaur » Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:56 am

All done in three easy steps.

Step 1: Download

Click to download your version of 'Spark', the program used to connect to AFC Messenger. Save it somewhere you know.
ImageWindows Users
ImageMac OSX Users
Image Linux Users

Step 2: Install

ImageOpen up the downloaded file, and follow the instructions to install it.
ImageInstructions coming soon.
Image Instructions coming soon.

Step 3: Login

Open up 'Spark' from your Start menu, and login with your details, and use messenger.artemis-fowl.net as the 'Server'. (artemisfowl.hobby-site.com will still work for BETA 2).
See here on how to create an account for AFC Messenger BETA. FOR BETA VERSIONS OF AFC MESSENGER, YOU MUST CREATE AN ACCOUNT FOR THE FIRST TIME, THEN LOG IN.

Easy as that. Wink

TC
Last edited by TrojanCentaur on Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:17 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mwahahhahahaha... MUAHAHAHAHA! *twitch*

J
Dwarf

Postby J » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:03 pm

On the Spark menu select Preferences. In the Preferences dialog select the Login section from the list on the left. In the Login Settings uncheck the Launch on Startup option. That should do it.

Graystripe
Swear Toad

Postby Graystripe » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:01 am

Ugh. Dial-up. It's like a curse. =| This thing will take way too long to download.

Stupid Ape
Centaur

Postby Stupid Ape » Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:04 pm

But it will be woth it (if there are other people on, and you can actually make conversation work- [s]i.e. aren't me[/s])
God changes Lives. Will you let him change yours?

Scifiguy
Centaur
Real First Name: Jeffrey

Postby Scifiguy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:09 am

Error: Windows cannot open the specefied path file or device. You may not have appropriate permission to open it.

This comes up when I try to download it.

nindra
Council Member

Postby nindra » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:03 am

You don't have enough (admin) permissions...
æ

Scifiguy
Centaur

Postby Scifiguy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:08 am

Hello! (Insert number here) Permissions for, AFC Messenger, please. Lime Yay speaks Spanish.
Last edited by Scifiguy on Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lime Yay
Ten o' clock

Postby Lime Yay » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:21 am

Scifiguy wrote:Lime Yay speaks Spanish.

Shh! Stop telling my secrets!

*Straigtens tie as if nothing happened.* Ahem. Do you seriously need permission? I thought TC said anyone could do it, even non AFCers.

*ducks away*

~ Lime Yay
Thanks to Diana for the sweetest (erm... sourest?) signature ever!

nindra
Council Member

Postby nindra » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:23 am

Lime Yay wrote:*Straigtens tie as if nothing happened.* Ahem. Do you seriously need permission? I thought TC said anyone could do it, even non AFCers.

Eeh... Yes, but Scifiguy doesn't have locally permission(s) to download/install Spark. Get Ubuntu! No stupid permission restictions!
Last edited by nindra on Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
æ

Scifiguy
Centaur

Postby Scifiguy » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:25 am

Wait a second, girls wearing ties is a world war two/clown thing! Ties are for guys! Hmmm, *Suspicious* Confused sometimes I wonder about you, Lime Yay. If that is your real name. Neutral

Lime Yay
Ten o' clock

Postby Lime Yay » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:09 am

Scifiguy wrote:Wait a second, girls wearing ties is a world war two/clown thing! Ties are for guys! Hmmm, *Suspicious* Confused sometimes I wonder about you, Lime Yay. If that is your real name. Neutral

*shifty eyes* You'll never know, now will you? ...Or will you? *stands outside Scifiguy's window*

No really, thanks for clearing it up nindra. I think I am starting to understand.

~ Lime Yay
Thanks to Diana for the sweetest (erm... sourest?) signature ever!

GeneralScalene
Swear Toad

Postby GeneralScalene » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:22 am

Graystripe wrote:Ugh. Dial-up. It's like a curse. =| This thing will take way too long to download.

I agree. And i am going away today, so my dad will have to setup spark (AUGGH!!)
You laughin' at me, dwarf?

Stupid Ape
Centaur

Postby Stupid Ape » Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:29 am

What i think Nindra's going on about is that if you aren't in the main account on the computer (say in as yourself rather than your parents who set up the computer) it won't let you, so i advise going on the computer as them, if that's at all possible or getting them to download it
God changes Lives. Will you let him change yours?

Scifiguy
Centaur

Postby Scifiguy » Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:18 am

It still won't let me. There's only one account on this computer (Seeing as I have my own) so that can't be the problem. Hmmmm.... *Scratches head* I GOT IT! The diabolical Dr. Jangrafess must have diabolically hacked into my computer with the aid of his diabolical supporter TrojanCentaur and somehow diabolically changed it as a diabolical new scheme to make his diabolical caimpaign look better in the eyes of Lime Yay and Sidney Fowl, who have been begging me to sign on to the diabol-*Coughs and clears throat* I mean perfectly safe AFC messenger. Thus I will lose all non-diabolical support I ever had for my non-diablical caimpaign! You guys must think I'm nuts right? Well then vote for me!!! Very Happy
Last edited by Scifiguy on Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

TrojanCentaur
Centaur

Postby TrojanCentaur » Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:20 am

Scifiguy wrote:Jangrafess must have hacked into my computer with the aid of his supporter TrojanCentaur...

*cough*

TC,
Somehow, not very convincingly innocent.
Mwahahhahahaha... MUAHAHAHAHA! *twitch*

Return to “Other Projects”