[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php on line 190: Undefined offset: 84
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4541: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3291)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4541: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3291)
[1.0.0] AFC Book Club (PROJECT: NYA) - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

[1.0.0] AFC Book Club (PROJECT: NYA)

All other projects from the past.
TrojanCentaur
Centaur

[1.0.0] AFC Book Club (PROJECT: NYA)

Postby TrojanCentaur » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:10 am

Project: Not yet assigned - Looking for names
Version: 1.0.0
Name: AFC Book Club
Staff in charge: Diana, Jangrafess, plus one other (?)

Project Phase: IN DEVELOPMENT
URL(s): N/A

Details:
A periodic forum book club
AFC members will read and discuss chosen books

In Discussion:
Time between meetings? (Two weeks; one month?)
Choosing which books to read? (Public vote; members sign up to choose the next book?)

Organizing a group chat about the books?

Not developed, very difficult

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:06 am

I'd like two other mods/admins to work with me on this. You must be able to read the books in time for the club meeting and talk with me on MSN about a week before each new book is announced.

Obviously, figuring out how to handle the discussion and choosing of the books will be trickier on a forum than in real life... I've got some ideas, but if you have any suggestions, feel free to bring those up. (My MSN is astrensi @ gmail . com , without the spaces, in case anyone doesn't have it yet.)
(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, don't talk to me till you've clicked this.)

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:34 pm

I would like to be a part of this, but I can't. *sighs* This is spam isn't it? Razz
Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:16 pm

Heh, yeah, it's a little bit spammy. Razz D'you think you'd be able to do the club if it were once a month? Every three weeks? I'm trying to figure out what the general time constraints of the AFCers are going to be.

Jangra, I just emailed you some ramblings about my ideas for the club. Let me know what you think.

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:34 pm

Diana wrote:Heh, yeah, it's a little bit spammy. Razz D'you think you'd be able to do the club if it were once a month? Every three weeks? I'm trying to figure out what the general time constraints of the AFCers are going to be.

It's completely spammy. Razz I don't really know. Who knows how much I'll come on AFC when my pre-boards loom near? And then I would be heck tied up till March. Do you think you could keep as a ummm.....small helper? You don't have to, but if you could it would be nice. *sofas*
Let me take you down, 'cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields.
Nothing is real and nothing to get hung about.
Strawberry Fields forever.

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:28 pm

Jangrafess and I have decided on the first book to read in the club: Never Let Me Go, by Kazuo Ishiguro. (This is just a note so we don't forget. XD)

TrojanCentaur
Centaur

Postby TrojanCentaur » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:09 am

Well, this is going well. This is a project which would skip BETA, and possibly even ALPHA, so long as everything is ready. We ready for release?

TC
Mwahahhahahaha... MUAHAHAHAHA! *twitch*

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:19 pm

TrojanCentaur wrote:Well, this is going well. This is a project which would skip BETA, and possibly even ALPHA, so long as everything is ready. We ready for release?

Well, Michael and I were thinking that maybe we should wait a week or two to officially announce this, so that everyone can get a bit more settled into their school schedules... But yeah, other than that, it's pretty much ready to go public. There's a few kinks in the schedule of discussion/announcement of books, but that'll be pretty easy to work out.

TrojanCentaur
Centaur

Postby TrojanCentaur » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:04 am

Ok. Bump this up to ALPHA, for you guys to work out the Schedule?

TC

TrojanCentaur
Centaur

Postby TrojanCentaur » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:44 am

This needs to be released ASAP. Just bumping the thread and requesting if assistance is needed to start the project.

TC

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:39 pm

It's 3pm my time, and I won't be home that early... Could you do a bit later, like around 10 or 11pm your time?

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:39 pm

This is the draft of the announcement for Jangra and myself to edit.

The announcement all you book lovers have been waiting for...

The AFC Book Club!
Inspired by arty_gal's idea for a book group
Hosted by Diana and Jangrafess

Yes, that's right – Artemis Fowl Confidential now has its very own book club for forum members! Sign up in this thread if you're interested! To find out exactly what this is all about, read below...

What is this "book club" thing, anyway?
An opportunity to get our collective heads together to talk about a book that we've all read and review it as a whole. Who knows? We might just uncover a hidden gem.

How will we discuss the books?
The book club will have a monthly cycle: at the beginning of the month, the new book will be announced in a book thread. Then members will begin reading the book. A discussion thread, with a spoiler tag for the entire topic, will be posted and people who have finished the book can begin to contribute, posting their opinions, thoughts, and questions. Near the end of the month, the next book will be announced, and the circle goes on.

What sort of books do we choose, and how?
We won't choose mainstream books of any sort, or any book from a series. Our main priority in selection is to choose books that most AFCers will not yet have read. We won't pick brand-new books, as members in some countries may not be able to get copies of recently released books in time for discussion. Book selection will be solely lesser-known books that we can read as a one-off and enjoy. Members post suggestions, and we'll decide on one to read.

I don't know if I can read all these books... Can I still be in it?
Certainly! We'd rather have you posting sometimes than not at all.

How do I get ahold of the books?
Many ways, begging from parents? Library? If you don't have a library card, just ask your parents - they'll probably be happy to get you one.

So how do I join?
Just post in this thread saying you're interested!

This just about sums it up. If you're confused about any of what's been addressed here, feel free to ask. As this project is still in development, there is a thread for suggestions and improvements on the club's structure - feel free to post there as well, and we moderators will take your comments into consideration.

So, if you'd like to participate, post here! December's book will be announced shortly in a separate thread.
Last edited by Diana on Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Other Projects”