Coding

Are you a whizz kid? A Playstation 3 Fanatic? Talk about all things technological and game-wise here!
Griffar
Commander
Real First Name: Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Griffar

Coding

Postby Griffar » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:26 am

I was wandering if many people knew about HTML and CSS. I know HTML, and I know Matt, Voldy, and all that would. I think Cboi knows it. Anyway, I don't know how o get CSS to work. Also, I want to be able to preview all my code without having to put it onto a website. I know there are programs for that and stuff, but on notepad, I want to be able to preview it. Anyway, so what do you know about Codes and stuff. I want to learn computer programming, but I'm kind of stumped with the basic terminology.

So Yeah. Speak.
Griffar

I know you love one hundreds and thousands

Your Tears don't fall, they crash aroud me

Her conscience calls, the guilty to come home

gotta love Bullet For My Valentine

nindra
Council Member

Re: Coding

Postby nindra » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:45 pm

If it's just HTML and CSS, you could try just opening the page from Explorer (you know, the "My Computer"-thing), without uploading it to anywhere...

I don't really like HTML/CSS. They're more for visually talented people, and that's something I epicly fail at. So I prefer doing stuff at the background -> I know PHP (website-stuff), Python (everything else. Python in web is...I don't like it) and MySQL (nice place to store stuff). I can read/stab C/C++, but I don't really like them.
æ

Centaurboi2
Programmer in Purple
Programmer in Purple
Real First Name: Nick
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Centaurboi

Re: Coding

Postby Centaurboi2 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:24 am

HTML/CSS go hand in hand, and PHP is the floral-patterned bedsheet for the backend to HTML output.

Like Nindra said just pop it in FF or IE. If you want to run more Install XAMPP It's a Localhost server that runs on your computer. If you want to preview it in an editor you most likely have to pay for it..
Cookies and milk next to the stove. Be sure to stay out of trouble and wash your face before bed! :)
Love,
Mum

Return to “Technology / Computer Gaming”