[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Portal (and its sequel) - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Portal (and its sequel)

Are you a whizz kid? A Playstation 3 Fanatic? Talk about all things technological and game-wise here!
Multiverse
Elf

Portal (and its sequel)

Postby Multiverse » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:46 pm

My brother recently aquired Steam and downloaded Portal. He beat it in a day, then bought the sequel (which he finished in two days). By this time I've inevitably grown interested in the game, in looking over his shoulder and trying to figure out the backstory.

That said, I love GLaDOS' commentary, and Wheatley's is even better. Stephen Merchant does a great job of it, and somehow you just can't hate him in the way you can hate GLaDOS. In fact I think he's a absolutely brilliant character.

nindra
Council Member

Re: Portal (and its sequel)

Postby nindra » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:50 pm

I pre-ordered Portal2 few months before release, and downloaded it the moment it was released because I was following quite closely the pre-release and I wanted to see the story myself before someone spoils it to me.
Dial-up terminals. SSTV-images. You can always count on Valve creating something Different. <3

About Portal2... I was kinda disappointed how it didn't have few fast-paced portaling levels like Portal1 had, most likely because it was released for consoles too, and fast aiming with pads is a PITA. Damn consoles ruining my fun.
æ

Antilles
Rolling Thunder
Real First Name: Mohammad

Postby Antilles » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:14 pm

I dunno, I distinctly recall having some pretty tricky jumps being needed in the old Aperture labs.

In any case, Portal is brilliant and I also preordered Portal 2 a while before release. It was the first thing I've ever preordered and was absolutely worth it. The storyline is a great and the puzzles are excellently done.

nindra
Council Member

Postby nindra » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:30 pm

But it didn't really have anything equally "Whee" like Portal1's huge turret room. That was my favourite part of P1 :P
æ

Antilles
Rolling Thunder
Real First Name: Mohammad

Postby Antilles » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:01 pm

What about that whole area where you use the lunar gel to coat the walls of the elevator shaft and make it back up the the modern labs? That was pretty snappy!

Also, related to the topic, yet another reason Valve is awesome:

#Aurum Est Potestas#
Gremlin

Postby #Aurum Est Potestas# » Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Portal may be the two most fun games I have ever played. I beat the first one in four hours, the second in twelve. Thinking with portals is my favorite pastime :laughing: I'm so glad other people play it!
"Trust me. I'm a genius."
-Artemis

Arty1995
Centaur

Postby Arty1995 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:13 am

The cake is a lie and the potato knows all.

What is your brother's steam account?

Eternity Awards - Strangest member, 2010, 2011
Eternity Awards - Most Changed member, 2011
Eternity Awards - Looovers <3 [DATA EXPUNGED], Conquer the world! 2012

afcutie
Chocoholic Pirate
AFC Fan Fiction Name: AFCutie
Location: Ruling the World and Sailing the Seven Seas that happens to be Chocolate. O.o Yummy!!!

Postby afcutie » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:33 pm

I love the Portal games! I have to agree with Antilles on the lunar gels. It was pretty awesome. I like how you have to time the jumps right. The first game was great. I was able to beat it in a days time(with occassional breaks here and there). At one point I was stuck in Level 18. I was overthinking the level and almost gave up when the solution was in the right in my face the whole time. I especially like the multi-level turrent room, it was neat on how they designed it. I also like the second, because it gives you a more insight of how Aperture first started. I like when I saw the old Aperture. It was pretty cool. Overall, both games were really well made and I like the fact that you can play the games over and over and not get bored.

artificialGenius
Sprite
AFC Fan Fiction Name: artificialGenius

Postby artificialGenius » Sun May 20, 2012 9:16 pm

I haven't played much of Portal 2 yet, but I have finished Portal and I LOVE THEM BOTH A LOT. (Yes, all-caps was necessary) GLaDOS is one of my favorite characters ever.
My avatar was made by feastings on tumblr.
"Well, you've gotta stop selling your soul to the devil. He's just gonna want more and more, it's like a drug."

semitra
Gremlin

Postby semitra » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:29 pm

I loved Portal 2. That game has the most memorable and hilarious quotes. As well as great music.

"I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good-looking." -Zoolander,

BeckettFoxriverFowl
Gremlin

Postby BeckettFoxriverFowl » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:27 pm

I very, very much want this game :)
Hmmmmm.....I forgot what i was going to say...

Return to “Technology / Computer Gaming”