[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php on line 190: Undefined offset: 84
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Decisions Thread For March - Page 2 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Decisions Thread For March

The Book Club is back, and all new! Thanks to Arty_gal's wonderful idea for a new club, come one, come all! Get ready to curl up with a good book.
Carmis
Elf
Location: North Switzerland but my Butler is always watching you...

Re: Decisions Thread For February

Postby Carmis » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:44 pm

Don't we need to pm arty to vote? :huh2:

And my votes go for the Book thief and Sight :laughing:
Loyal Member to AFC;)

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Sun Feb 03, 2008 5:46 pm

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:50 pm

Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, A cool Midnight and (most of all) Invisible Monsters
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

jessiquita
Pixie
Real First Name: Jess

Postby jessiquita » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:57 pm

I vote for the Book Thief and Lucas.

Lightbulb621
Orangeylicious Queen

Postby Lightbulb621 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:38 pm

I want to vote for The Book Thief. Sounds very interesting to me.

Nikita
Tweetie

Postby Nikita » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:03 am

My vote goes for The Book Thief. For some reason, it reminds me of If I Die Before I Wake, and I really enjoyed that book.
Owen: You okay? Want to get a drink or something?
Cristina: Oh. Oh, now we're on again 'cause the mood suits you? Because I'm the sad little girl with no friends and I tripped your savior complex into action? Usually I can deal with the hot and cold thing, but not today. Just leave me the hell alone.

Zobo
Elf

Postby Zobo » Sat Feb 09, 2008 3:19 am

We should do Artemis Fowl.
Ello.

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:22 am

*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

The Walrus
Our Fair Lady

Postby The Walrus » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:02 pm

My vote goes to Invisible Monsters as it sounds extremely good and the plot seems interesting. Also, I vote for Jonathon Strange and Veronika Decides to Die.

Book Name: Slaughterhouse-Five

Author Name: Kurt Vonnegut

Brief Summary: From wikipedia: Slaughterhouse-Five spans the life of a man who has "come unstuck in time." It is the story of Billy Pilgrim experiencing different time periods of his life, most notably his experience in World War II and his relationship with his family. The book is a series of seemingly random happenings that, in combination, present the thematic elements of the novel in an unraveling order.

Why you liked it/would recommend it: I know very little about the book but from what I've heard about it, I'm 100% sure it must be good. The only thing that worries me about the book is that some of the people here may have read it already.

I'm tempted to nominate A Clockwork Orange as well. It's my favorite book ever (part of me is completely convinced that a better book is simply not possible) but it's also very violent and I'm not sure it's appropriate. :spaced:
Official Mascot of the AFC Secret Agents

Well, John the Baptist after torturing a thief
Looks up at his hero the Commander-in-Chief
Saying, "Tell me great hero, but please make it brief
Is there a hole for me to get sick in?"

The Commander-in-Chief answers him while chasing a fly
Saying, "Death to all those who would whimper and cry"
And dropping a bar bell he points to the sky
Saying, "The sun's not yellow it's chicken"
-Tombstone Blues, Bob Dylan

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Hannah

Postby Ihdreniel » Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:22 pm

"eeeep!" says the insane chibling.
And then. . .

It attacks.

Co-President of the Obnoxious Teenager Club
"Quantity > quality! Remember that."
~ Voldy

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants 'is paycheck.)

Sydney Fowl
Centaur

Postby Sydney Fowl » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:21 am

I vote for Slaughterhouse-Five (since I've always wanted to read it), The Book Thief (since I've been told to read it), and Invisible Monsters (If I can vote for the book of my own suggestion. I haven't read it in a while, though).

Did someone suggest The Sight? Brilliant book, but I prefer Fire Bringer.

Lime Yay
Ten o' clock

Postby Lime Yay » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:35 am

I vote for Slaughterhouse-Five. Because I've read it, and so I'll actually be able to participate in the discussion. I'm a bit too swamped right now to read a book that isn't required for school.

Besides it was... interesting. Also it's a classic. It'll certainly open up discussion because, well, it's unique. Eh, sorry, I didn't want to give too much away.

~Lime YAy

PS I nominate Silent Spring!
PPS JKZ

Thanks to Diana for the sweetest (erm... sourest?) signature ever!

jessiquita
Pixie
Real First Name: Jess

Postby jessiquita » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:21 pm

Shouldn't we hurry up and make a final desicion? Because February is half done.

Carmis
Elf
Location: North Switzerland but my Butler is always watching you...

Postby Carmis » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:59 pm

I've been thinking that too... Maybe this should be the Decisions Thread for March... :>
Loyal Member to AFC;)

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

Beth
Mud Man

Postby Beth » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:45 am

I have a two...

Book Name: Maximum Ride

Author Name: James Patterson

Brief Summary: Six kids on the run for their lives but one thing is their only 98 percent human the other 2 percent is something different... very different. Join in as Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel, kids with wings, run from Erasers and Scientists.

Why you liked it/would recommend it: It was exciting, fun to read, it made me laugh more then once and I got my mom and princible reading it!

next one...

Book Name: Vampirates

Author Name: Justin Somper

Brief Summary: When twins Grace and Connor's dad dies leaving them only with each other and an old sea chanty for comfort they leave their home on his boat and unknowingly head out on an adventure that will split them up so when a sea storm leaves Connor on a pirate ship called The Diablo and Grace on an unknown one, how will they meet up again?

Why you liked it/would recommend it: Action! Adventure! And a romance waiting to happen... which doesn't happen for over three books apprently... grrrrr...
can't you tell I'm feeling evil today mwchachachachacha...cha

Sometimes I think I actually have a life, but then I remember their over-rated...

Schools back and more eviller then ever!! Scream and run away...

MEMBER OF THE OBNOXIOUS TEENAGE CLUB!

Fear turns the bravest people into cowards in their MINDS especially the ones like me with voices in their heads that keep going 'Scream and run away''

Do you have seven pets? A hoodie that's your best friend? An odd desire to have a pet goat? I do.

Return to “The Temporary Book Club”