[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php on line 190: Undefined offset: 84
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Book 1 March: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Book 1 March: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

The Book Club is back, and all new! Thanks to Arty_gal's wonderful idea for a new club, come one, come all! Get ready to curl up with a good book.
arty_gal
Tomato President

Book 1 March: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Postby arty_gal » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:58 pm

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

Carmis
Elf
Location: North Switzerland but my Butler is always watching you...

Re: Book 1 March: The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Postby Carmis » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:56 pm

Ehmm sorry to ask but will these threads be closed at the end of February or do we have the whole March for it? :huh2:
Loyal Member to AFC;)

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Hannah

Postby Ihdreniel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:58 pm

They're March's books- hence the thread titles, 'Book [Number] March'. ;)
"eeeep!" says the insane chibling.
And then. . .

It attacks.

Co-President of the Obnoxious Teenager Club
"Quantity > quality! Remember that."
~ Voldy

(P.S. Ze opéra ghost wants 'is paycheck.)

Carmis
Elf
Location: North Switzerland but my Butler is always watching you...

Postby Carmis » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:08 pm

Rofl. Sometimes I'm just so ... :laughing:
Loyal Member to AFC;)

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People

Postby Ihdreniel » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:31 pm

^ No problem. :)

I heartz this book. I'm about seventy or so pages in right now, but I've read it before, so... the writing is brilliant. Seriously, I was earmarking passages to post here, but I ended up giving up because there were just so many, and I didn't want to completely clog up the thread. Choosing Death as the narrator was an ingenious choice- I love the personality Zusak gives him, and all the little comments he'll make. (On human's idea of the Grim Reaper: "I like the scythe. It amuses me.")
I am also a Rudy fangirl.
And then. . .

It attacks.

~ Voldy

Vegito
Pixie
Real First Name: Bilal

Postby Vegito » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:10 pm

This book looks really good,I'm going to ask my mum if I can buy it off Amazon! :laughing:

Thanks for the suggestion!

Skater Girl
Commander
Real First Name: Nastasha

Postby Skater Girl » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:33 pm

"The truth...

Is that the truth is ."

~ Lemony Snicket

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People

Postby Ihdreniel » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:00 am

And then. . .

It attacks.

~ Voldy

softballislife
Elf
Real First Name: Augusta(gay)

Postby softballislife » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:48 pm

I love that book :loveeyes: I love the whole standover man thing. Its really cool that death is the narorator (bad spelling)
There is no sincerer love then the love of
"woman,please"-Bobby
tony tony put yo oscar mayer in me (says this while holding a hotdog bun like a puppet)"
GREATEST rappa alive LIL WAYNE =]
"baby like shrimp fried rice!" afroman/lukey(Luke smith)
"Hey, hey, hey, this THE remix. Hey pretty lady." Lukey bear

Ihdreniel
Ruler of the People

Postby Ihdreniel » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:49 pm

My absolute favorite part of the book is when

But yeah. That's definitely one of my favorite scenes in any book ever.
And then. . .

It attacks.

~ Voldy

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:15 am

>Gasps<

I love this book. (I love everything Markus Zusak writes but that's beside the point) It's so poetic and tragic and haunting.... And at the same time strangely uplifting. It's the only book that's ever made me truly sob for like, ten minutes. Brilliant.

My favorite part is The Word Shaker. It's such a profound way of telling people about the Holocaust. Consider the first few lines "There was once a man called the Furher. He decided three things about his life. He would never fire a gun. He would make himself a small, strange mustache, and he would one day rule the world."

Amazing!

They should make a movie of this!

Major Trouble
Council Member
Real First Name: Trouble
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Commander Root

Postby Major Trouble » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:51 pm

evil pixie
Sprite

Postby evil pixie » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:51 pm

I'm reading it right now and its probably not my reading level 'cause its kinda hard to understand what's going on. But I'm half way through and it's really good. It's real (if you know what I mean)
I like the word evil. Scramble it a little, and you get vile and live. Good on the other hand, is just a command to go do.-Jodi Picoult, The Tenth Circle

A monkey glances up and sees a banana, and that's as far as he looks. A visionary looks up and sees the moon.-Victor Vigney

Major Trouble
Council Member
Real First Name: Trouble
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Commander Root

Postby Major Trouble » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:57 pm

When I'm done re-reading the HP series, I'm gonna read this again- I really can't wait to. It's such a good story, and it's pretty touching, too.

MTK

Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie
Real First Name: Chelsea
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Hot_N_Spicy
Location: On your beach, smashin' your castles and makin' sushi with your seaweed.

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:57 pm

oooh! i can quote this books straight off of the top of my head!

"I don't stalk the human race, the human race stalks me."

:loveeyes: :loveeyes: :shiny: :shiny:

Return to “The Temporary Book Club”