[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/paybas/breadcrumbmenu/event/listener.php on line 190: Undefined offset: 84
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4541: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3291)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4541: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3291)
Decisions for August. We can only have three - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Decisions for August. We can only have three

The Book Club is back, and all new! Thanks to Arty_gal's wonderful idea for a new club, come one, come all! Get ready to curl up with a good book.
Griffar
Commander
Real First Name: Alex
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Griffar

Decisions for August. We can only have three

Postby Griffar » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:20 am

Ok,, this is were we will make the decisions for our books, this August. Remember, we can only have three, so maybe if we are suggesting books, just one book, and no whole series. If you are suggesting a book from a series, the first book would probably be more appropriate.

Also give a short summary of the book.

Ok, thee book I'm suggesting is CHERUB: The Recruit

Summary
Ok, well this book, is about a 12 year old English boy, James, who gets expelled from school, a few hours before school ends, which has to suck right. When he gets home, his mum is drinking with medications, which later causes her to die. Him and his sister Lauren are now orphans, but Lauren is living with her father, and James' step-father Ron.

After getting in with the wrong crowd at the orphanage, James is arrested, and taken to jail. When he returns to the orphanage he gets drugged and taken to a secret facility, somewhere in London.

It's an orphanage, slash spy place. They are spies for the government, because criminals don't suspect children. Anywho, to be an official, but not official operative, he has to go through basic training which is a 100 day course, to ready them for anything they may encounter.

Then comes James' first mission. He is sent to a hippy community,, after MI6(England's FBI) receive a tip off from a hippy in the community, about a terrorist attack at an up coming oil convention.
This is a good book. I really liked it, and most teenagers should be able to relate with it-except for the spy bit.

So let's choose some books, before the end of July, and then send it off to a mod.

I know you love one hundreds and thousands

Your Tears don't fall, they crash aroud me

Her conscience calls, the guilty to come home

gotta love Bullet For My Valentine

Cat Moon
Commander
Location: HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Re: Decisions for August. We can only have three

Postby Cat Moon » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:47 pm

I've read the Recruit, it was awesome. It'd be good.

How about Runemarks? That's amazing - here's a summary.
Five hundred years after the end of the worlds, and goblins had been at the cellar again...

Maddy Smith was born with a rusty-coloured ruinmark on her hand – a symbol of the old gods and definitely cause for suspicion. For magic is dangerous. Or so everyone thinks. But Maddy enjoys working magic. Even if it is just to control some pesky goblins. And every time her friend, One-Eye - a good-for-nowt Outlander - comes by, he teaches her more and more about the gods and the runes. But in World Below, something is stirring. And the fate of the worlds rests on who gets to it first. Skadi, the Vanir, the villagers, Lucky, One-Eye, the Nameless or Maddy.
I loved it, it was majorlight brilliant. And The Recruit gets my vote.
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

Return to “The Temporary Book Club”