homosexuality

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.

Should gay marriage be legalized

yes
71%
no
29%

Total votes: 183

Mizora
Spartan Warrior
Real First Name: Uh...Guess?
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Spinnika

Re: homosexuality

Postby Mizora » Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:46 am

The thing is, Heiki, that I believe that homosexuality is unnatural.
So I guess this homosexuality disorder can be found in 1500 other animal species too, which must mean it's wrong and unnatural.

I'd say homosexuality is different, but not unnatural.
All those species would have died out if they were all entirely homosexual. The survival of their entire species depends on the female and male reproducing. Therefore, I think homosexuality goes against the natural way of things. It is unnatural. And your left hand/right hand argument is rediculous. Left handed people are perfectly capable of all the things right handers do. It's as normal as different hair colour. A species won't die out if someone is left handed. If every species was homosexual, it would become extinct.
Last edited by Mizora on Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
˙ɯɐ ı sɐ ʇɹɐɯs sɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ
BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton
http://www.fairytalenovels.com/
EA Awards 2011-Mr. Shiny award of 2011

Sorcha
Commander

Postby Sorcha » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:35 pm

I used the left/handed right argument in the context that different isn't necessarily bad or unnatural. And if we're looking at it from the viewpoint that it's abhorrently wrong because it would lead to the extinction of a race then I guess that we should do something about all the people who choose not to reproduce because that's 'unnatural'.

But then again since "It is deviation in all of them not standart" then why should you be taking issue with it if they get married.

raped by immortal and then sprinkled with love from kitty (:
you dare rape my sig?! o: i'ma gonna find out who did that. *kidnaps sig*

*raped with kisses and love from kitty again* ;)

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:00 pm

Sorry I don't understand your point in last part, could you explain your question in other way?
Spot light steeling squad
Spoiler:
Criminal: Who are you guys!?
Tiger: You mean us? We're-
Blue Rose:We're the heroes of this town! [Steps on criminals face] My name is Blue Rose. We keep the peace in Sternbild at all times!
Tiger: ...What she said.
—Tiger and Bunny

Wolverine: Stay on topic, bub! This movie's about me!
Rorschach: Weren't all the X-Men movies about you?
— I'm A Marvel... And I'm A DC: Wolverine and Watchmen
Heroic Blue screen of Death
Spoiler:
Artemis: I don't like lollipops...

Venkman: Ray has gone bye-bye, Egon... what've you got left?
Egon: Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought.
—Ghostbusters

Antonio: Hey, Blue Rose, help us out!
Karina(Blue Rose): Daughter... Wife... Haha. Hahaha... *eye twitch*
Antonio: It's no use! We broke her!
—Tiger and Bunny (get know her crush better... he is widower, though)

bentj96
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star

Postby bentj96 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:00 am

Why not gay marriage? Just please don't start kissing in public. I honestly don't want to see that. Especially guys. I'm by no means sexist... But it just scares me.

Anyways, homosexuality is natural... Mutations are not normal, but are still natural. But it doesn't mean it won't disturb certain people, and it certainly doesn't mean it was supposed to be that way. Personally, just the thought of another guy touching me, even remotely inappropriately, scares the crap out of me.

Also, to bring a new subject to the table, there was a study that proved that women are more attracted to each other than men are. Link here. I couldn't manage to find the study itself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/10 ... 21730.html

The thing I said above, about guys shouldn't being allowed to kiss in public? It just seems so wrong for guys. Women though? I wouldn't mind that much. I'm trying to justify it to myself, but can't seem to do it. Maybe it has something to do with the innate nature of women? Maybe it's just because I'm a teenage guy.

None of my comments are to be taken seriously... Please don't get offended.
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lorddarkstar

bentj96
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star

Postby bentj96 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:00 am

Why not gay marriage? Just please don't start kissing in public. I honestly don't want to see that. Especially guys. I'm by no means sexist... But it just scares me.

Anyways, homosexuality is natural... Mutations are not normal, but are still natural. But it doesn't mean it won't disturb certain people, and it certainly doesn't mean it was supposed to be that way. Personally, just the thought of another guy touching me, even remotely inappropriately, scares the crap out of me.

Also, to bring a new subject to the table, there was a study that proved that women are more attracted to each other than men are. It doesn't actually state any statistics that guys aren't attracted to guys... But come on. From my personal experience, way less than 60% of men are sexually attracted to other men. Link here. I couldn't manage to find the study itself.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2011/10 ... 21730.html

The thing I said above, about guys shouldn't being allowed to kiss in public? It just seems so wrong for guys. Women though? I wouldn't mind that much. I'm trying to justify it to myself, but can't seem to do it. Maybe it has something to do with the innate nature of women? Maybe it's just because I'm a teenage guy.

None of my comments are to be taken seriously... Please don't get offended.
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

http://www.fanfiction.net/~lorddarkstar

Multiverse
Elf

Postby Multiverse » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Also, to bring a new subject to the table, there was a study that proved that women are more attracted to each other than men are. It doesn't actually state any statistics that guys aren't attracted to guys... But come on. From my personal experience, way less than 60% of men are sexually attracted to other men. Link here. I couldn't manage to find the study itself.
I think I would´ve suspected that if I´d been asked.
I´ve never been able to see what women find attractive about the male body that the female body doesn´t have (I´m just grateful that they do =P ). Also, I have this strong gut feeling (I know, gut feelings won´t prove anything) that I´d be bisexual if I was a girl. So, yeah, I always thought girls were attracted to each other, too. =J

(Sorry if that sounded smug or implicative. It was in no way meant to be.)

levina
Centaur

Postby levina » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:16 am

-
Last edited by levina on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Multiverse
Elf

Postby Multiverse » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:08 am

We´re currently reading a short story in English at my school (well, I suspect the others have finished it by now, what with me being two days absent), and there´s a passage from it that I figured had some relevance to this discussion (at least to the recently induced difference-in-attractions discussion). The story is called Gryphon and is written by someone going by the name of Charles Baxter.
Diamonds are magic, she said, and this is why women wear them on their fingers, as a sign of the magic of womanhood. Men have strength, Miss Ferenczi said, but no true magic. That is why men fall in love with women, but women do not fall in love with men: they just love being loved.
Of course, this passage caused a small laughter of part amusement, part insult, but mainly amusement. I mentioned that notably, this story was written by someone who, judging from the name, was almost definitely male. My teacher cleverly replied that Charles Baxter might as well be a Plume De Moustache.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:20 am

I'm just replying on the last paragraph of the last post.

First of all, homosexuality does not mean that you CAN'T have sex with a member of the opposite sex: it just means that you're not inclined to. Therefore, if we need more babies, I'm sure those who are homosexual will oblige and do their duty to the human race.
Now, where I'm going with this argument is that you can have sex with members of the same sex, and still have children via. someone of the opposite sex (which is how many gay couples have children, either that or adopt). So I don't see how they are therefore not fitting into a 'survival of the fittest' category. Their sexuality doesn't stop them surviving or competing for food, land, wealth etc etc., or from passing on their genes.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:55 am

Come on how much homosexuals would go so far to have sex with someone they don't want. There may be some exeption, but I doubt there is much.

For example I wouldn't be able have sex with someone of same gender (even if it was super usefull) cause for me it is personaly distgusting. So for homosexuals it is most likely same just gender fliped.

Also there is issue how many people is willing became someone wombs or such. Your argument as whole doesn't have much of value.
Spoiler:
Blue Rose:We're the heroes of this town! [Steps on criminals face] My name is Blue Rose. We keep the peace in Sternbild at all times!
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

levina
Centaur

Postby levina » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:06 am

Why are you all worried about the human race dying out? We're at a population of 6 billion and rising, and a couple of exceptions to fertility-equals-babies isn't going to change that. Homosexuality does not threaten the survival of the human race. Besides, have you heard the statistic that says gays and lesbians only make up 10% of the population? That leaves the other 90% to make babies and "contribute" to society. (I say that sarcastically; overpopulation is a major problem these days.)

Also: Please, Tenzen, don't "retaliate" by saying someone's argument is weak. That itself is a weak argument. Next time, please just tell us whythe other person's argument is ineffective.

Antilles
Rolling Thunder
Real First Name: Mohammad

Postby Antilles » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:11 pm

The argument isn't about the human race dying out. The argument is that naturally, a homosexual couple would not be able to reproduce, so it should be regarded as a disorder and not "Well this is just how I live my life."
"oh sharkie is so evul" -sharkie
"Oh sure, ANTILLES gets love and hugs and confetti. What do I get? The halfway empty coffee carafe...and someone left the creamer out...it has lumps in it. I hate you all." -IzzyTehMuze
"OMGWOOT I COULD FEED 33 HUNGRY WEASELS" -Nick

levina
Centaur

Postby levina » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:25 pm

Well, does it matter whether or not it's regarded as a disorder? Lots of people have disorders; it doesn't mean they're any less than normal people are.
Last edited by levina on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Antilles
Rolling Thunder
Real First Name: Mohammad

Postby Antilles » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:30 am

Personally, it makes a significant difference, because from a religious perspective I don't believe that God judges somebody based on something they have no control over. So to me, a person who is homosexual via "mental disorder" is very different from somebody who engages in homosexuality by choice, such as some normally straight men in prison do.

But as a practical, day-to-day difference? No real difference I think.
"oh sharkie is so evul" -sharkie
"Oh sure, ANTILLES gets love and hugs and confetti. What do I get? The halfway empty coffee carafe...and someone left the creamer out...it has lumps in it. I hate you all." -IzzyTehMuze
"OMGWOOT I COULD FEED 33 HUNGRY WEASELS" -Nick

Tenzen12
Pixie

Postby Tenzen12 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:03 am

Why are you all worried about the human race dying out? We're at a population of 6 billion and rising, and a couple of exceptions to fertility-equals-babies isn't going to change that. Homosexuality does not threaten the survival of the human race. Besides, have you heard the statistic that says gays and lesbians only make up 10% of the population? That leaves the other 90% to make babies and "contribute" to society. (I say that sarcastically; overpopulation is a major problem these days.)

Also: Please, Tenzen, don't "retaliate" by saying someone's argument is weak. That itself is a weak argument. Next time, please just tell us whythe other person's argument is ineffective.
I am not worried about it at all, and I am aware of these statisics (though when I last checked it was supposed be 4%, so you either have wrong statistic or homosexuality significantly rised in past severals years). But as I say whole these population dying out doesn't realy bother me for now. Reason why I answered as I answered was to say, that argument was weak itself (as I said in past even to people on "same" side, whose argument weren't convicing enough). So I said it.
Spoiler:
—Tiger and Bunny

Spoiler:

—Ghostbusters

Return to “The Debate Forum”