[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Young Love - Page 3 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Young Love

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
Chitiliti
Commander
Real First Name: Cait
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Chitiliti

Re: Young Love

Postby Chitiliti » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Here's my thing:
I wasn't allowed to date (even saying that so and so was my boyfriend. I was not allowed to have anything but a friend relationship with boys) until I was 16.
This is a GOOD thing and I think everybody should do it.
I think that before you reach a certain age or maturity level, "love" isn't anything. Obsession, maybe, or friendship but not true romantic love.
This rule has been a good thing for me, as I have only been (and am still in) a relationship with one boy.

Young love doesn't exist, at least not in a romantic sense. I've seen too many children's relationships fall apart, only for them to be upset about it for about a day before finding a new boy.

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:04 pm

It depends on your maturity though. for example, not every fifteen year old is the same. Some seventeen year olds aren't mature. that's why I think it's a bad idea to lump EVERYBODY together because of age.

But I still hate those LOL I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND :D :D :D things.

I, for one, have never had a proper 'boyfriend' because here most people go through this two month to a year period of 'seeing someone'. Iexpect that one day I'll be pregnant, moving in with someone and my sister will say

"so who's the guy"

and I'll say

"Just someone i've been seeing for a while"

that's partly because my sister and I have male-like commitment issues where we run when things get a bit close for comfort, but it's better than the childlike "I like you you're my boyfriend now" stuff
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

bentj96
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star

Postby bentj96 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:08 am

Young love makes them feel cool. I had a friend who had 10 girlfriends in 2 years. I mean, how can you fall in love with almost every single girl in your class. Counting, I like 4 girls out of 40.(I didn't mean anything by that. Just showing the difference between the two)

So, most of the time it's really about reputation.

But I know two people who have been together since grade three. They really didn't know what it meant back then, but it's been 5 years.
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

Fantasykat
Mud Man
Real First Name: don't ask
Location: Hello?! The Library. Computer and Books. Where else would I be?

Postby Fantasykat » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:44 pm

sUP, I don't wan to offend anyoone but I like a good debate so here I am! Truthfully, I think kids shoulod relax and forget about the opposite sex. You're only kids once and also, being a teen is great so just wait til then for lovve.
PS!!! How do you insert images on these posts?? Please tell me!
"I do believe in fairies! I do! I do!"
Dragons exist, live with it.
Turn and turn and turn again, we see the what but not the when; remedy and wrong entwine and so they form a single vine. -Prophecy of Blood, Underland Chronicles

Drama rules! Yay Breakfast-Club!
"Your opinion is irrelavent because I hate you." -Linds

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:21 pm

We are talking about teens. About 10-14. Above that is normal, and below that is just plain old weird.

One other reason young love exists, is because of the difference in thinking. As you go through puberty, feelings and emotions are magnified. It's just the pure emotion that does it.(most of the time)
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

evil pixie
Sprite

Postby evil pixie » Thu May 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Love is a part of life, it is possible to find it in pre-teens but I think that's unlikely.

First of all, do you think you could stay with him/her for that long? So many things could happen. They could move away, find someone else, or just break apart. On the other hand, a long lasting relationship does not mean true love, and true love does not have to be long lasting. ( I'm argueing with myself here)

I think it depends on your definition of love.

My advice is to stay out of the relationships until you're mentally mature enough.
I like the word evil. Scramble it a little, and you get vile and live. Good on the other hand, is just a command to go do.-Jodi Picoult, The Tenth Circle

A monkey glances up and sees a banana, and that's as far as he looks. A visionary looks up and sees the moon.-Victor Vigney

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Fri May 08, 2009 11:43 pm

I agree. Many relationships at young ages are messy.

Always breaking up, cheating and most of it because of peer pressure. But I know of one couple. Both age 14, have been together 6 years.
Also known as Dark Star.

I WON the game.

Laotzu
Pixie
Real First Name: Derek

Postby Laotzu » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:06 pm

Last edited by Laotzu on Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, are you going to cause a fuss or are you going to come quietly? Let me give you a hint: the answer is come quietly." -Butler

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose then I'm crazy. That's the way history is written." -Artemis Fowl

Foaly: Anyone see you come in here?
Holly: The FBI, CIA, NSA, DEA, MI6. Oh, and the EIB.
Foaly: The EIB?
Holly: (smirking) Everyone in the building.

Bornsatin
Elf
Real First Name: Raza

Postby Bornsatin » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:24 pm

I haven't read the posts yet, but I don't see much of a debate either.
It's the obvious need humans have for being in relationships, and the less obvious need to produce offspring for the continuum of a species. (they're both pretty obvious, actually)

holly11short
Gremlin
Real First Name: Kate

Postby holly11short » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:33 am

I think dating at a young age isn't wrong or even misguided. I think it's a learning experience. Especially when you get into high school and things get more serious, dating people is like trying on shoes at a store. You get there, and you kinda know what size you are, but it depends. You see some cute shoes, but they'll not fit right or look weird on you, or be uncomfortable. Or you like a pair for a while, but then when you walk around in them a little you realize that they chafe the back of your ankle or something. I don't think dating should be encouraged for the wrong reasons, but if two kids like each other, I say go for it.
"That's what happens when you're a genius." The centaur smiled. "Look, I scraped an F for Foaly!"

The daruma doll fell o...

Hufflepuffs are great finders!
What the h*** is a Hufflepuff?

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:06 pm

Truth is: Texas sucks.

How is Gunny feeling on First Earth?

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:23 pm

I know and 8 year-old who has been 'dating' since she got her first boyfriend at 5. I am 14, and have never had a relationship. Personally, I believe when to date seriously is very much down to the indervidual. Let's face it, when you're 11, your future doesn't go beyond hanging with your mate Gary next saturday. TO be in a relationship, you generally want the same things. At 11 people don't know what they want.
I think under 11 dating is more 'I have a friend who is a guy/girl, so they have to be my boy/girlffriend' because for some reason many kids think they aren't allowed to be friends with the oppisite sex, if they're are the oppisite sex, they are a girl/boyfriend.

In teenage years, young teenage years, I would say it's more of a learning experience like many people on here. There isn't anything wrong with it; it's part of growing up I guess.
Many people I know, even my parents, had boy/girlfriends when they were 10. Now they're older, they realise they were just silly crushes and all that. I'm 14 and have never been asked out (not really tbh, I mean, sarcastically many times because of a boy's joke, which I still get D: Maturity, right? But once this guy Andy did because it was mufti day and I looked very good that day ;D) and don't feel fully ready for a relationship. I prefer close friends, but I must say if I got a partner I would probably turn into one of those annoying 'OH MY GOD I LOVE MA BOY/GIRL ♥" teens, and it would be a learning experience.

Also, may I add, psychologically a crush only lasts 4 months. If it lasts longer, you're already in love. So younger people get a crush, act immeditely, get the guy/girl, and in 99% of cases break up once the 4 month-or-so period has gone. I say 99%, because there is a 11 year-old couple in the UK who are engaged. Personally, I think that's ridiculous, because once they get older they probably won't want the same things, and they will change a lot. But I think it's wrong for me to completely right them off as young silly dreamers, because it could actually work. Yet due to what usually happens and biologically factors we all make the presumtion and laugh at it.

As I said, it depends on the person, and whether it is really love or just for a) show b) the fact they're the other sex c) crushes d) ect.

I see you too! XD

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:45 pm

If it lasts longer than four months it's love? You can't measure whether something is a "crush" or "love" by any amount of time. Someone could have a crush on a person for six months, and it wouldn't necessarily be "love." To be honest, most of the time when someone has a crush on someone and claims they're "in love," I highly doubt it's true. To be in love with someone you need to be in some sort of romantic relationship, because you can't have romantic love if there's no romance there.

And tbh, so what if people date when they're young and aren't in love? Do you have to love someone to date someone? Not in the slightest. Hopefully you'll start going out with someone and fall in love, but that doesn't always happen. That doesn't mean that those relationships were useless.

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:03 am

Love can't be measured. PERIOD. You can't say that having a crush for a certain amount of time means love. That would be rather shallow, which wouldn't fit love. Although I'm certainly not refuting that love can be true love, I personally think that love is manufactured. First of all, it's human instinct, at least if you're normal and haven't been traumatized or something. Second, the emotion of love is derived from a hormone released after sex, which is oddly, related to food. Finally, I recently heard an interesting reason for romance and why marriage often works out for opposite people. One person 'corrects' the other's flaws using their strengths and that makes you feel more complete and better, as if you've reached some type of goal. Ultimately, a playboy, or girl can make you confess your love at the snap of his/her fingers.

Once again, I am not refuting anything. A world without love would be horrible and of course that rush feels great. :P Just saying that love might not be what you think it is and you should be more careful when you use the word.
Also known as Dark Star.

I WON the game.

hyunjoonglovie
Elf
Real First Name: Jess :P

Postby hyunjoonglovie » Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:25 am

A couple in my grade have been going out since grade 8. We are now ending our 12th year of school at 17 years of age, so they would've been 12/13 when they got together. I honestly think it is possible for two very young teens to get together and have a serious relationship. Or that they can at least start to build a very strong relationship.

Return to “The Debate Forum”