[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
which is worse? - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

which is worse?

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.

73%
27%

Total votes: 109

grimreaperinpink
Swear Toad

which is worse?

Postby grimreaperinpink » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:24 am

"Knock yourself out...Or rather, don't."
- Artemis Fowl II

Stupid Ape
Centaur

Postby Stupid Ape » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:38 am

Emotional pain because your body naturally heals physical pain and it can be overcome by a strong mind, but healing emotional pain requires effort and often doesn't work.
God changes Lives. Will you let him change yours?

Slepyhed
Sprite

Postby Slepyhed » Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:12 pm

Emotional pain for me because I have a sensitive soul and don't get over feelings quickly. And also because I normally feel physical pain a lot.

alacktheday
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby alacktheday » Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:25 pm

PEOPLE'S WHOLE LIVES DO PASS IN FRONT OF THEIR EYES BEFORE THEY DIE. THE PROCESS IS CALLED 'LIVING'.
-- (Terry Pratchett, The Last Continent)

Voldy
Here's my card.
Here's my card.

Postby Voldy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:57 pm

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:57 pm

I'm agreeing with Voldy. I guess, 'theoretically' I would say emotional pain. But when you actualy compare them, live through them - I'd say physical pain is worse.
I'm a wimp, I know. Rolling Eyes But I can handle emotional pain [so far], physical...nuhuh.

michelle439731
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby michelle439731 » Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:23 pm

I voted emotional pain.

But then again, as the saying goes: Nothing more painful than a paper cut. Nothing.

Arty is smarty
Commander

Postby Arty is smarty » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:02 pm

Emotional. Physical pain locks people up in hospitals for a while, and then they get better and return to their normal life. Emotional pain, if kept locked up for too long, gets really dangerous. It leads to suicide. I've had suicidal moments. I've broken bones before. But trust me, when you're so miserable you want to kill yourself, life isn't as fun as when you aren't forced to do homework because you can't write.

~Arty
[b]Knight of the Invisible Table

<watch it! Best show ever!

Diana
Ruler of the People

Postby Diana » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:42 pm

Physical pain has been more painful, in my experience. I can control my emotions, but I have no magical regenerative powers. If someone broke my heart, I'd be upset, but I could also deal with it. If someone broke my leg, there'd be nothing I could do.

(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, )

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:18 pm

My Artemis Fowl game: | |

arty_gal
Tomato President

Postby arty_gal » Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:45 am

I would have to say emotional pain because usually any emotional pain I have had is from someone's death and that is very hard to overcome. Physical pain can be cured. So yeah, emotional pain.

*showers with confetti and love* I am the ninja of lavvv. *rapes*

Ferill
Atlantean

Postby Ferill » Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:03 am

I also voted for emotional pain. Physical pain may be stronger for the moment when you are hurt, but it heals after some time. But from emotional pain you can suffer for a very long time, it's end can hardly be forseen. I think it's harder to overcome it.
"Why don't I just move in with you? Do your ironing while I'm at it." - Foaly

grimreaperinpink
Swear Toad

Postby grimreaperinpink » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:05 am

"Knock yourself out...Or rather, don't."
- Artemis Fowl II

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:32 am

Emotional... why?

Plenty of examples: Me smacking my head off the ground after falling off the hammok three times= fun

The aftermath of spraining my ankle (Getting a day or two off school)= fun

Getting into a FAIR fight= fun

But I can not think of any emotional pain that is fun

It was a hard decision to make considering what happened to Seb (he's back in hospital today) and that was most certainly physical pain... but he has the knowladge of the fact that he was the better man and didn't lift his fist and that's helped him.... so definetly emotional
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

oh no not her...
Pixie

Postby oh no not her... » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:21 pm

I havn't had to much experience with either. I mean, I'm aching all over from masses of bruises today (fell of my dad's horse), but I bounce so I never actually get properly injured. (Till I said that). I've had sprains, but never worse.
I've never exactly had my heart broken or anything like that either, I've felt down, but everything always turns out O.K. in the end, so *shrugs*
So I really don't know.
Unfortunately, my internet at home (I'm in school at the mo) has gone caput, much to my dismay. Hense misterious disappearence.

Return to “The Debate Forum”