[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
which is worse? - Page 7 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

which is worse?

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.

73%
27%

Total votes: 109

BookWorm3
Commander

Re: which is worse?

Postby BookWorm3 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:28 am

I do not suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it!

I am STILL an official AFC SECRET AGENT! w00t! XD see my shiny badge?

crystal_clear
but you can call me Awesome
Real First Name: O rlly nao?

Postby crystal_clear » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:05 am

I'd have to say emotional pain definitely, because right now, I'm in a pile full of it. I would much rather have a broken leg or something then be the way i am right now. And physical pain goes away much more quickly than emotional pain does (at least for me) and it's easier to deal with. Emotional pain can scar you and linger for years and it's impossible to escape with tylonal (sp?).

Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

Asphalt
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Asphalt » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:54 am

I think emotional pain is worse. It's hard to just tune out emotional pain, and it's harder to get numb to emotional pain. Also, humans have a short memory for physical pain. I'm sure we've all been in intense physical pain before - we can remember how we felt emotionally during that, but we can't remember physically what it felt like.

charlie_cat
Swear Toad
Real First Name: Charlie

Postby charlie_cat » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:37 pm

I think emotional pain is worse, physical pain heals with drugs and time, emotional is so much harder. But i think people make their emotional look a lot worse then it is for attention. Its very boring.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:12 pm

Well, I've never been in enough of either for it to be REALLY scarring. The worst physical pain I've been in has been from snapping my collarbone (long story), and throwing my back out (no, I'm not an old granny, I just have problems like that). Both KILLED. Actually, the funny thing was, even though I broke my collarbone badly, it was the back thing that actually hurt more. And the worst emotional pain I've been in is tied between the day my mom told me my dog had three weeks to live (pancreas cancer), and the day we had to put her to sleep (like, 7 months later, damn doctors!). And it still hurts to think about that (it only happened a few months ago). So I'd say emotional pain. The physical pain hurts (maybe) worse when it acutally happens, but fades. The emotional pain takes a longer time to heal, and it gets better very slowly.

Allysta
Pixie
Real First Name: Melinda

Postby Allysta » Thu May 22, 2008 1:50 pm

Emotional pain is far, far worse for me. Sometimes it even goes so far as to be almost physical. Like, when I'm feeling really emotional, I get this really empty feeling in my stomach, and it actually hurts, if I let it get to me too badly (which I usually do, because I'm an emotional person). Physical pain is something I can get over more easily.

Azura Koboi
Atlantean
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Azura Koboi

Postby Azura Koboi » Sat May 24, 2008 6:45 pm

Physical pain can be ignored, up to a point, but emotional pain is in your mind, and cannot be avoided by anesthesia or anything like that.
A swirl of colors, a gentle tinkling music, the scent of flowers. An apparition appears. Voices sing softly, melodically as the vision shimmers. The beautiful spirit beckons, urging you forward.
It is the Illuminate Spectre.

cezen
Elf

Postby cezen » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:36 am

Necroposting ftw.

I have my emotions almost completely under my control. Perfect outward composure and everything. Also, time usually cures it.

So id say physical pain. Which might just worsen with time. Id say, if the pain is still happening, something wrong with you, therefore your body will get worse over time, instead of bieng cured. So yeah, physical pain. Though, I havent broken anything. But Ive felt some pretty painful pain. =(
Truth is: Texas sucks.

How is Gunny feeling on First Earth?

Laotzu
Pixie
Real First Name: Derek

Re:

Postby Laotzu » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:54 am

"Now, are you going to cause a fuss or are you going to come quietly? Let me give you a hint: the answer is come quietly." -Butler

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose then I'm crazy. That's the way history is written." -Artemis Fowl

Foaly: Anyone see you come in here?
Holly: The FBI, CIA, NSA, DEA, MI6. Oh, and the EIB.
Foaly: The EIB?
Holly: (smirking) Everyone in the building.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:36 pm

Laotzu
Pixie
Real First Name: Derek

Postby Laotzu » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:19 am

"Now, are you going to cause a fuss or are you going to come quietly? Let me give you a hint: the answer is come quietly." -Butler

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose then I'm crazy. That's the way history is written." -Artemis Fowl

Foaly: Anyone see you come in here?
Holly: The FBI, CIA, NSA, DEA, MI6. Oh, and the EIB.
Foaly: The EIB?
Holly: (smirking) Everyone in the building.

Luna_Wolf_Norway
Elf
Real First Name: Malin

Postby Luna_Wolf_Norway » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:20 pm

Emotional pain is definatly worst. Emotional pain can even be so bad sometimes that it turns into physical pain. There are for examples symptoms to a broken heart:

[i][A perceived tightness of the chest, similar to an anxiety attack
Stomach ache and/or loss of appetite
Partial or complete insomnia
Anger
Shock
Nostalgia
Apathy (loss of interest)
Feelings of loneliness
Feelings of hopelessness and despair
Loss of self-respect and/or self-esteem
Medical or psychological illness (for example depression)
Suicidal thoughts (in extreme cases)
Nausea
Fatigue
The thousand-yard stare
Constant or frequent crying
A feeling of complete emptiness
Not going to work
In extreme cases, death[6]
/i]

So yeah, emotional pain is definatly worse!
Everybody lies. (Dr. House)

History is rarely made by reasonable men.(Zedd)

Stay back human. You don't know what you're dealing with.(Holly)

Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real? (Dumbledore.) R.I.P.

jenn-jenn
Atlantean
Real First Name: Jennifer

Postby jenn-jenn » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:55 am

"How can you lose time? ...Time doesn’t belong to anybody."

"The sea, the sea, the sea. It rolls and rolls and calls to me."

Sometimes, I wish we could completely delete the bad memories from our lives so we'd have more room for good ones. But then we'd all have memory loss problems.

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:01 pm

Emotional. The things people say stay with you forever, but wounds heal (although I do have a very large scar from when I was 10 but it's only on my thigh. It is weird when people ask about it. It covers my whole thigh and is mauled and purple. yuk!), I still remember things people said to me when I was 8, and they still hurt. Emotional pain causes psychological damage which stays forever. It hurts more.

I see you too! XD

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:42 pm

I don't think it's as clear cut as that. I would possibly say that they're too different to compare, but that would make this whole debate pointless. So, it depends on the person and what caused the pain. For example, one person may have had such a bad injury that they lost the use of a limb, or maybe can't play sports/act/whatever anymore or are paralysed. And someone else has their parent die, or is betrayed by a friend or their husband/wife/lover leaves them. It really depends on the person which affects them more and for how long. One person may find being left by their partner more emotional damaging, whereas someone else may get over it eventually but would never get over the loss of a limb.

Basically, it depends and it's not clear cut.

Return to “The Debate Forum”