[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Abortion - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Abortion

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
artefo
Elf

Postby artefo » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:46 pm

Sorcha
Commander

Postby Sorcha » Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:56 pm

I agree that abortion should be illegal. I also agree that there are situations when abortion may be taken into consideration (like rape). But even then, it seems a little wrong...

raped by immortal and then sprinkled with love from kitty (:
you dare rape my sig?! o: i'ma gonna find out who did that. *kidnaps sig*

*raped with kisses and love from kitty again* ;)

Stupid Ape
Centaur

Postby Stupid Ape » Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:24 pm

God changes Lives. Will you let him change yours?

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Sat Oct 14, 2006 5:15 pm

Waha, here is Sharkie

OKay, I believe that abortion should only be reserved for teenage mothers to be or women who physically can not keep the baby. I believe this because, sure the girl was stupid to have sex without protection, but because of that she shouldn't have risk forfitting her whole future because a baby keeps her out of school.

But abortion is terribly easy. So that gives women the impression that the only risk of not using a condom is HIV because there's always a clinic if she does get knocked up. So woman decide that it's a risk worth taking and that is just a lack of responsibilty. I believe the only way to bring back the safe sex responisibilty is if Abortion clinics are much more strict in who they give the abortions- this could also lower the amount of people with HIV because more woman would probably be making their husbands, boyfriends and one night stands use protection.
The only exception I think that should be allowed here is if the woman was raped.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

EvilGenius93
Commander

Postby EvilGenius93 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:26 pm

Well, I go to a parochial school, and they teach us that abortion is wrong. I agree with that because it's unfair to give a life away just like that, but then again, the devil's advocate would say that it might be for the better if the baby would lead a terrible life in the future.
We're all insane.
-------------------------------------------------------
Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow.

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:27 pm

Hmm... really interesting. Not even sure where I stand.

Abortion... for teenage mothers. Well, they might not be able to care for the child, and probably couldn't cope with the responsibility of handing the child away. But they should have practised safe sex. In this case, I don't think abortion should be allowed.

When a person is raped... I don't know. How would you feel if you discovered that your mother was raped by your father? Or the baby could be put up for adoption.. still undecided here.

The mother's life is at risk... that also puts the baby's life at risk. Would be far worse to lose two lives than one...

If the baby has a disease and will suffer through life (say, progeria, an aging disease) then abortion could be OK. Why live for 14 years and have a good life... and then die?

If the baby is retarded and won't mentally develop past childhood... I've read a first-person acount (non-fictional) of a mother going through abortion because she knew that she'd never be able to care for the child and couldn't be a good mother.

In another first-person account (fictional), the mother didn't really care, and was just glad that she was gifted with a child. [s]Of course, the character was also infertile for a time - or at least considered to be infertile. And in that book, religion plays a large role in it...[/s]

In conclusion, I really don't know. I see both sides, but I really don't think we can set up "rules" for something like this to limit abortion...

My Artemis Fowl game: | |

Julia
Pixie
Real First Name: Rebecca
Location: Ontario, Canada... if I had it my way Victoria, B.C.

Postby Julia » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:06 pm

This is an extremelly hard subject. I agree with all Gus's points, but have you ever seen pictures of the babies after an abortion. It is enough to make you sick.
It is a difficult disicusion to make. If I was raped I think, sadly, that I would probably go have an abortion. Personality and behavior can be genetic and I would not want a son or daughter who was like the man who raped me. As for a genetic disorder, it would really depend on which disorder it was. If it was something that was not painful for the child, I would kept it, no matter how hard the disorder would be on me. But if the child was going to suffer for every minute of his/her life, then I would have to rethink the matter.
Abortion does a lot of things to the mother. You can be infertile, so can't have anymore childern. You also can become extremelly depressed. I remember watching one program where you ex-mother said that she felt that she needed to have baby after baby after baby, after she aborted her first child.
You can really see why this has been an argument for a very long time.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:44 am

Sorcha
Commander

Postby Sorcha » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:48 am

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:13 pm

Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

Stupid Ape
Centaur

Postby Stupid Ape » Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:59 pm

God changes Lives. Will you let him change yours?

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:39 pm

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:05 pm

Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

Sorcha
Commander

Postby Sorcha » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:35 pm

Sorcha
Commander

Postby Sorcha » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:12 am

Return to “The Debate Forum”