[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Abortion - Page 39 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Abortion

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi

Re: Abortion

Postby opalkoboi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:42 am

I see you too! XD

bentj96
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star

Postby bentj96 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:51 am

Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:03 am

I said I wouldn't care what anyone said if I were pregnant. They could say all they want but the moral high ground would be mine.
And I do understand that I grip onto my moral very hard and have a strong sense of right and wrong, however I understand they may change as I get older, nonetheless I currently believe in these things.

I see you too! XD

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:52 am

I don't quite understand what was the point of bringing that story about your sister in, apart from to say just how much you dislike abortion. It doesn't add anything to your argument. (Hope she gets through it alright though.)

You say you would give up your life for your future child if you got pregnant. Good for you, I'd think you're being an idiot about it but I'm not going to force you to have an abortion, am I? And therein lies the reason why pro-choice is ultimately better, because you have the choice.

Basically, bentj said most of my point. You don't understand the consequences and you take your morals too far, you're too stuck in them and you can't see it any other way. Which I personally think is a dangerous and worrying thing, because you shouldn't let them cloud your judgement.

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:59 am

Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:35 pm

I see you too! XD

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:14 am

Also known as Dark Star.

I WON the game.

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:02 am

Actually, gripping is a good word. You grip someone's hand if you want to reasure them, showing your faith in them. Hanging isn't. And there is a right and wrong, just because it differs in every person, doesn't mean it doesn't exsist. DNA differs in everyone, but DNA exsists.

End of.

I see you too! XD

bentj96
Ruler of the People

Postby bentj96 » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:07 am

Also known as Dark Star.

I WON the game.

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:11 am

I see you too! XD

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:05 am

Opal what he's saying is that your personal morals aren't everybody elses. And it's not something like 'murder is wrong'- it's something that is unclear. So letting people decide for themselves, rather than pushing other people's morals (which are normally influenced by religion, NORMALLY) on them. He's not discrediting yours, he's simply saying that if you think it's morally wrong then NEVER get an abortion. But your morals do not equal my morals, so do not stay in the way of mine just because you believe it's wrong.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:43 am

I see you too! XD

Lime Yay
Ten o' clock

Postby Lime Yay » Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:56 am

Just one quick question:

Kitsy, I am not quite sure how a pregnancy would ruin your life. Why would you have to drop out of school? If you did have to drop out, why would it be so hard to come back in after missing one semester? How does your school deal with co-ops and other such things? It's quite common here to take a semester off here to do a co-op or because you can't afford it.

~Lime Yay

Thanks to Diana for the sweetest (erm... sourest?) signature ever!

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:19 am

I wouldn't be able to take a term/semester off as far as I am aware. You can reschedule exams if you are extremely ill, but you can't miss a whole term or you'd miss loads of lectures and seminars so you wouldn't be able to catch up. I don't know what a co-op is? But no, you're not supposed to take time off in university at all. You get given a loan and you have to stick it through the three years.

Lime Yay
Ten o' clock

Postby Lime Yay » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:09 pm

Co-op is like an internship but longer. You take some time off school so that you can work at a company gaining hands on technical skills.

I am surprised your uni doesn't have programs to help with that sort of thing, like being pregnant or being a student parent. Or does it? Does your uni offer online classes at all?

Sorry, this is offtopic. Just sort of blew my mind that you can't have a semester off, but I guess money for university is more of an issue in the US, and co-ops are a big deal. What about studying abroad? I know a girl right now whose program starts mid April so she had to take the whole semester off.

I guess a little more on topic would be to say that the only pregnant student I know never took time off school, except to deliver the baby. But it depends on how your pregnancy is, I guess. If you live at uni, it might be easier, but if you have a rough pregnancy where you throw up a lot then I could see wanting to take a semester off. IS this on topic, lol? Whatevs.

Thanks to Diana for the sweetest (erm... sourest?) signature ever!

Return to “The Debate Forum”