[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Abortion - Page 41 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Abortion

Friendly, spirited debates please people! Keep it clean.
Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Re: Abortion

Postby Kitsy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:17 am

I have to be quick 'cause I need to go but what about if they do take precautions and still end up pregnant? Condoms break and it's easy to take the Pill wrong sometimes and not realise (ie. at the wrong time of day, or maybe you' ve been sick within 12 hours of taking the pill and not realised you were within the time limit.) Are these women allowed abortions, because they were responsible, and yet you force someone who was pretty stupid to keep the child? Because essentially they ones who were stupid are being punished by being forced to keep the child, and no one has the right to dish out punishment like that,

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:55 am

sharkie
Crazy Cat Lady
Crazy Cat Lady

Postby sharkie » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:45 am

Okay you do realise you spent a while there comparing the enslavement of a race to women having the right to sleep around.

Essentially you compared freedom to slavery. I don't care why, but comparing that is missing the point. The whole point is that freedom is always positive. Freedom to make your own decision is crucial to life. Yes, you could argue that choosing to have sex is the most important decision, but I'd disagree.

Now let's go to the other part of what you were saying, the woman with the baby.

If you choose not to have an abortion, and then you choose to not give the child away, then you have taken on the responsibility of that child. I think the child only becomes the mothers responsibility when she decides she's going to raise it. And if you don't take it on, then that's your decision. Which you have the freedom ^ to make.

In that situation, mothers complaining about their children are ruining their life... really I don't like that. Because in my opinion, you had plenty of opportunities to say "Okay, I don't want this."

Which you, really, feasibly (because again, look at that abortion figure) wouldn't give them. The climate of not having abortions would not lead to less woman having promiscuous sex, it would lead to this twisted culture of "You made your bed, lie in it." Again, removing access to abortion would extremely hinder the fight for women.
*TEETH KNASH* The yellow ducks shall eat your socks in the nighttime
Took Jangrafess out my sig, clearly he doesn't appreciate old respect when he's pulling stunts like that
Raped your sig to tell you, that yes it ~AG
Who cares. - Someone

I want to verb your noun

POKEMON BEASTIALITY PWNS ALL (yes, that was me - Jangra)

SORREH, Niki, teal is my color. ^_^ *rape* BOLD FTW. - Voldylicious
i thought you needed new rape from me and i like this color so *rapes* (:
oohhh kittyyy, she's so orgasmically amazing. *rapes*

lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous
Real First Name: Lauren

Postby lethe_naiad » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Of course a foetus isn't a baby while it's in the womb.

Is a foetus a baby when it's a bunch of gametes? Does the magical spark of life (soul, or whatever religious bull you want to insert here) occur at conception? When the egg meets the sperm there's only two cells there. Not exactly a human. No killing of a human, therefore no murder.

hyunjoonglovie
Elf
Real First Name: Jess :P

Postby hyunjoonglovie » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:40 am

Personally I'm okay with abortion.. What if the mother was unable to support a baby? You really think it would be better to bring a child into the world when you don't even have the means to take care of it? I don't.

And of course what if the mother was raped? Why should she give up her life to raise a child she never wanted?

Whether or not abortion is the right answer depends on the situation, and it is a choice only the mother can make. No one has the right to judge her.

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi
Real First Name: Phoebe
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:23 am

I see you too! XD

Lime Yay
Ten o' clock

Postby Lime Yay » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:36 am

Thanks to Diana for the sweetest (erm... sourest?) signature ever!

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:05 pm

Lime Yay
Ten o' clock

Postby Lime Yay » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:09 pm

Thanks to Diana for the sweetest (erm... sourest?) signature ever!

Rocket Axxonu
Centaur
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Axxonu

Postby Rocket Axxonu » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:39 pm

lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous

Postby lethe_naiad » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:27 am

I think that is not a valid argument. Let's say we had a time machine and you went back in time to when your mum and dad were together BC (before children). Are they using protection? My god, that's killing a whole bunch of potential babies! What is your dad masturbated? Whole bunch of sperm gone, without the opportunity for life. Or your mother having a period. How dare she loose precious eggs that could have been fertilised? Or women who have miscarriages. Why, you should go right up to them and tell them that they are murderers.

I'm not self-deluded enough to think that the earth revolves around me. I don't believe in destiny, I'm not religious and I'm not 'spiritual'.

If you believe that, and you don't want to have an abortion, or masturbate, or have a period where you don't try and have sex, then that's your business. But as an individual, and as an adult woman in control of my own sex life and my own contraception, then I have the right to decide as well. I'm not sexually active at this present moment, but during my last relationship I was on the pill, and I always use condoms. If they both fail, then I should have the right to terminate a pregnancy that would destroy my way of life, my hopes and my dreams.

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:21 am

That's an invaild point, Lethe, because being pregnant and chosing to get rid of it is much differrent to it naturally dying or being lost in the menstrual cycle.

I see you too! XD

lethe_naiad
The Splendiferous
The Splendiferous

Postby lethe_naiad » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:15 pm

How? They all carry the same potential, which was your argument.

Furthermore, I see abortion as quite an anti-feminist concept. A man can get a woman pregnant, and still have the same job, the same work opportunities and the same career. A woman gets pregnant, and she looses income, she may loose her job, she either has to take time off work or take on more work in order to pay a babysitter, her career choices as limited and her chance of moving to senior levels and pay is greatly reduced.

opalkoboi
Heiki Koboi

Postby opalkoboi » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:25 pm

It carries the same potential, yes, but it is naturally lost, we don't "interfere with nature" as such. When it's natural, you could call it fate, I suppose.

I see you too! XD

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:39 pm

I don't think believing that it is "fate" if you get pregnant is a reasonable excuse to get rid of abortion, neither is "interfering with nature." By that means we shouldn't help people who are ill, ie. cancer, because we're interfering with nature and fate there.

Return to “The Debate Forum”