[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Did YOU figure out the Gnommish alphabet? - Page 3 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Did YOU figure out the Gnommish alphabet?

This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section.

?

I figured it out for myself.
52%
I saw it on the internet.
35%
It's on the internet?
7%
I don't care.
3%
I'm still trying to figure it out.
3%

Total votes: 69

xybolic
Pixie
Real First Name: Aji
AFC Fan Fiction Name: xybolic

Re: Did YOU figure out the Gnommish alphabet?

Postby xybolic » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:41 am

I thought D'Arvit is an actual Irish(?) word....

I have a question. Are the Eternity Code and Centaurean actually used in the 2nd and 3rd books? My books don't have those. How were the codes shown?

spyg2
Goblin

Postby spyg2 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:19 pm

British versions of TEC has the Centaurian language encrypted at the bottom, as far as I could remember. I'm not sure about TAI though.

Another question. How is Centaurian translated into English?
"Affirmative, soldier."
"I'm not a soldier," said Foaly, and pressed the button.
-Artemis Fowl

FANFIC:

I rock
Pixie
Real First Name: Ponmathi
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Captain Grammar

Postby I rock » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:42 pm

Well, I'm not sure really, In the Arctic Incident I noticed that when foaly sees the cantaurian script, it is likegnommish. So my guess that it is pretty much the same thing. Gnommish and centaurian are quite alike.
I'm an expert reader hah!

I <3 The Blind Guardian....don't know what it is? GOOGLE TO DA RESCUE...
You can't spell Party without Arty....lolz
I <3 You
Yes, I mean you, you hunk...
AM I CREEPING YOU OUT YET?

Fatebringer
Atlantean

Postby Fatebringer » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:16 am

I read the fowl files, but I forgot it after a week
On the wind,
In the stars,
With the force!
Bringing chaos and destruction with a spring in my step,
Dashing hope with vigor and pep!

A spring by any other name is just as hot!
I need to relax. I want what you've got!

Putting me at ease and you in your place!
I’m Acario,
In your face!

narutolead
Swear Toad
Real First Name: Taksh
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Narutolead

Postby narutolead » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:45 pm

I figured it out myself and I made an original language from it. wee at first it was just a cipher but now, after 2 years, I'm finally done my language! :laughing:
"A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"Don't forget Mother's Day.Or as they call it in Beverly Hills, Dad's Third Wife Day.", "Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. ", "I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.""I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying.", "I found there was only one way to look thin, hang out with fat people.", "I spent a year in that town, one Sunday.","If truth is beauty, how come no one has their hair done in the library?", "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is.","Women are wiser than men because they know less and understand more."

Let's reintroduce corporal punishment in the schools - and use it on the teachers!

Dontmovethefilesevil
Pixie
Real First Name: Does not exist
Location: Somewhere shooting 47 Avada Kadavra's at someone, also known as an AK-47.

Postby Dontmovethefilesevil » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:01 pm

I saw the code in the fourth book, and figured it out by logically knowing the space, period, and E.

Muahahahaha I am the evil ruler of the universe and will KILL you

"Do you know how many legs are on that stool, Arty? Three. Only three and that's not a good number for you. Not at all. Three is nearly as bad as four and we all know what four sounds like in Chinese, don't we?"The Atlantis Complex

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Bookworm-ilovebooks
Commander
Real First Name: Maggie

Postby Bookworm-ilovebooks » Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:48 am

...it was on the internet...you mean i memorized that language for nothing *Crys* lol jk, actualy my friend paid me five bucks to translate it for her...she didnt know i'd figured it out.
[color=#8000FF]There are a million things people will do for five dollars, but there are only five things they won’t do for a million.

Always expect the worse, no matter what, you won’t be disappointed.
[color]

Mizora
Spartan Warrior
Real First Name: Uh...Guess?
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Spinnika

Postby Mizora » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:34 am

Yay! I finally decoded that fairy excerpt from TAFF! It took me ages but I did it!

I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
˙ɯɐ ı sɐ ʇɹɐɯs sɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ
BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton
http://www.fairytalenovels.com/
EA Awards 2011-Mr. Shiny award of 2011

Lauren fowl
Dwarf
Real First Name: Lauren

Postby Lauren fowl » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:26 am

By the way Bookworm-ilovebooks...LOVE your avatar!!
I love you Sarah! You're my bbf!
I love you Sabrina! You're my bftilmtaoitw!!

Colour Insanity
Gremlin
Real First Name: Laura

Postby Colour Insanity » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:06 am

I looked it up I think I have all the Australian covers(?), and the Gnommish alphabet is printed in the back of most of them, so I suppose I could've worked it out if I wanted to. Meh.

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: ForeverDay

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:46 pm

^Awesome name ;-)

But I read the main translation on the internet (in my defence I didn't actually have the Alaphabet till this Christmas) and when I saw a small thing I wanted translated I just did it myself (like the gnommish at the beginning of each chapter is just that chapter's name in gnommish, the troll sign is just nonsense etc)
☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

Grady: 'Cuz everytime you try to do something nice for us we end up sad
Nico: Or injured
Grady: Or in Mexico. . .

It's ALIVE.

☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

Lauren fowl
Dwarf
Real First Name: Lauren

Postby Lauren fowl » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:02 pm

Does no one do anything the hard way these days?...Guess that's only me then...
I love you Sarah! You're my bbf!
I love you Sabrina! You're my bftilmtaoitw!!

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:30 pm

If people don't start listening to the 50 word min. then I'm going to lock this topic, as if obviously has no discussion in it anymore.

Mere Reflection
Special Agent of Mr. Shiny

Postby Mere Reflection » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:02 am

Personly, I neither worked it out or took it off the internet. I hadn't even noticed it until Fowl Files and then it was a little while until I made the connection between the code and the writing at the bottom of the page (originally I thought it was a meaningless pattern). What about everyone else here? Did you all work it out by yourselves? I wish I'd known it was a secret code before reading Fowl Files. I worked out Centauran by myself though *proud* :shiny:
Thanks to Cat Moon & Raineesun for helping me do this XD
Always forgive your enemies - Nothing annoys them so much.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane
Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.
Evening news is where they begin with 'good evening' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.
Always remember you are utterly unique. Just like everyone else.
Why are you still reading this?
Nothing is impossible, yet everything is a lie. Fishies! :D
A/H forever

Dontmovethefilesevil
Pixie
Real First Name: Does not exist
Location: Somewhere shooting 47 Avada Kadavra's at someone, also known as an AK-47.

Postby Dontmovethefilesevil » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:51 pm

Muahahahaha I am the evil ruler of the universe and will KILL you

"Do you know how many legs are on that stool, Arty? Three. Only three and that's not a good number for you. Not at all. Three is nearly as bad as four and we all know what four sounds like in Chinese, don't we?"The Atlantis Complex

GENERATION 21: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Return to “Artemis Fowl Talk”