[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex !!SPOILER ALERT!! - Page 119 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex !!SPOILER ALERT!!

This is the general Artemis Fowl talk section.
ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer
Real First Name: ForeverDay

Re: Artemis Fowl: The Atlantis Complex !!SPOILER ALERT!!

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:15 pm

☺ ☻ ♥ ♠ ♣ ♦ • ◘ ♫ ☼ ☺ ♪ ♀ ◄ ↕ ‼ ► ↑ ↓ → § ← ∟ ↔ ▼ ▲ ! " £ $ % ^ & * ( ) _ + ¿

Grady: 'Cuz everytime you try to do something nice for us we end up sad
Nico: Or injured
Grady: Or in Mexico. . .

It's ALIVE.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:12 pm

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:37 pm

It's ALIVE.

Tira
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Tira » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:42 pm

I don't trust movie people ever since I heard about how they wanted to do an adaption of Mort by Terry Pratchett, which is about a boy who works as Death's apprentice - they loved the plot, but wanted to take out the Death angle. So, I have no faith in Hollywood anymore. Also, I'm spoiled by the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, so I can no longer take the "well, they can't make a perfect adaption" point of view. Of course, Pride and Prejudice is a six-hour-long miniseries, not a two-hour movie, but I don't see what that has to do with anything. To be relevant, I have a feeling I will be immensely disappointed by any Artemis Fowl movie they make, no matter how good it is from an objective standpoint.

As for Artemis and Juliet, the first and third books definitely showed that she was the closest thing to a friend his age Artemis had, and made a lot of mention about how pretty she was, so I guess it's just sort of putting two and two together. I don't see why he feels a need to tie off loose ends, though. I don't mind a few loose ends in my story. It's alright if the hero's single in the end!

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:21 am

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

Tira
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Tira » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:09 am

I don't know. I don't have either of the relevant books right now, so I can't really comment based on the text. I'm just relaying my impressions. I mean, he does treat her like an employee, but he also lets her get away with being extremely informal. And I want to say there was one time when she called him Arty and the narrative indicated he let her get away with it even though he wouldn't let anyone else, but I'm not sure. I haven't read the first book in ages.

Mostly we're seeing it out of process of elimination. The only two human girls anywhere near his age are Minerva and Juliet, and Minnie's apparently dropped off the face of the earth, so... I really hope he doesn't make it a new character, though. I hate it when new major characters just show up in the last book.

I don't see why Artemis has to find somebody. He could just leave it unresolved.

Purple_Enigma
Pixie

Postby Purple_Enigma » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:54 am

TAC

From

EA 2011 - The Member who is Always in the Know :D :D

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:59 pm

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:59 pm

It's ALIVE.

bentj96
Ruler of the People
Real First Name: Steven
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Dark Star

Postby bentj96 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:35 am

A/J? For a second I was thinking Artemis/Julius... He's dead.

A/H will never actually happen. Artemis will never be with Holly simple because they are not the same race. In the end, the love may be there and the relationship, but they will never truly be together.

Also A/J never really happens at all. M/J (Mulch) is more likely from what we've seen so far. There is not a single shred of proof in 7 books. Juliet isn't even much of a character yet. We know a little from TEC and we know nothing from TAC because it didn't show her true character. The only real thing I know is that she really loves Butler and she likes wrestling. A relationship with Minerva will be quite problematic too. We don't know who she is. She was only in one book. TLC was based around demons and not Minerva so the likeliness that she will play a large role in the next book is relatively low.
Also known as Dark Star.

---98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.---

I WON the game.

Glow sticks glow when snapped. Why can't my leg?

"How? She gonna blink Morse code?" -Amaury Nolasco (Prison Break: The Final Break)

Mizora
Spartan Warrior
Real First Name: Uh...Guess?
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Spinnika

Postby Mizora » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:22 am

I LOVE Harry Potter!!!
˙ɯɐ ı sɐ ʇɹɐɯs sɐ ǝɹɐ noʎ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı ¿sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ uɐɔ
BIBLE = Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
"Lol Mizzy. MIZZZZZY. MiZoRa's box. Pandora. Mizora. Muahahaha. Insane, eh?" - Purple_Enigma
An adventure is merely an inconvenience looked at the right way, while an inconvenience is an adventure looked at the wrong way. ~G.K Chesterton
http://www.fairytalenovels.com/
EA Awards 2011-Mr. Shiny award of 2011

Tira
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Tira » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:42 pm

As everyone has been saying, though, it's not going to be that way for long. In about five years, they'll be the same age. And being different species has never stopped any of the many couples in D&D who parented half-elves. Heck, being different size categories hasn't stopped D&D players.

ILiveForTheDay
Golden Acorn Officer

Postby ILiveForTheDay » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:10 pm

It's ALIVE.

Purple_Enigma
Pixie

Postby Purple_Enigma » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:14 am

^ Yeah I haven't missed those little A/J hints, but I dunno....It's just way too weird from my pOV. A/H please. Or at least A/M with a bitter break-up which leaves them unable to remain friends any longer and results in Minerva getting her ass ruthlessly kicked by Arty in everything she tries to do. *meehahahahaha*
TAC

From

EA 2011 - The Member who is Always in the Know :D :D

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Return to “Artemis Fowl Talk”