I'd like to discuss some Religious aspects in Colfer's books. I haven't read all of them, only Artemis Fowl series, the Supernaturalist, and Airman. What do you think is Colfer's stance on Religion? After all, an author's views are very much reflected in their books like in CS Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia.
- The Supernaturalist. Cosmo and Ziplock are running away. (My memory is fading) and it starts raining or something, and Ziplock looks to the sky and says, "I think someone up there likes us."
- The Afterlife is mentioned by Ditto as being "different." Not much is described about it other than that.
in Artemis Fowl-
- Artemis Fowl, the Booke of the People is mentioned to being their "Bible." Why not their "Torah" or, I don't know, "Koran"? Do you think it would be controversial otherwise?
- TAI, They're talking about Mulch and Root says, "I wonder if he's looking down on us right now..."
-TEC, Butler pretends to be back from the dead, he says to Arno, "There is a hell, I've come to take you there." Upon being asked what he must do to escape, Butler tells Arno, "Confess your sins to the authorities..." (Again, my memory is fading so this is not exact.)
- TTP I've found more religious stuff. Artemis seems to be very Anti-Darwin, though after a long debate he concludes it's not that bad of a theory, even if it has more holes than a dam made of swiss cheese... The "holes' are not discussed, but this intrigued me, and I went to the internet and found that it's actually pretty true. Making Artemis, a child genius and prodigy not believing in Evolution unlike it seems most smart people do, it seems like Colfer is making a statement or something.
- There is also a scene where Holly is cornered by extintionists and helpless. She looks to heaven and cries, "Save me," and then it starts to rain diamonds. Of course, this is not a celestial being that threw the diamonds but Artemis helping out, but who do you think Holly was saying that to?
- The Dwarf god of luck "Shammy," Opal Koboi comes along and Mulch thinks "So much for Shammy"
In the Wish List God, Heaven, and the Devil are talked about very "explicitly." I haven't read it though. Do you think God exists in the Artemis Fowl universe?
And I can't remember anything about Airman so yeah