[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Glitches in Eoin's books - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Glitches in Eoin's books

Discuss the author and his other works.
Nikita
Tweetie

Glitches in Eoin's books

Postby Nikita » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:01 am

I already found two-

In TEC, Spiro says that Phonetix doesn't even have email. Then, later, he says in regard to Phonetix "That's the last snide email about stock prices I get from them!

In HMI (Half Moon Investigations) during the talent show, Fletcher announces fifth place twice, and proceeds immediately to May Deveraux for seventh.

More to come!

By the way, there is no disrespect intended by this page. Just pointing out stuff. And I also do not mean any offense by the statement "More to come"
Owen: You okay? Want to get a drink or something?
Cristina: Oh. Oh, now we're on again 'cause the mood suits you? Because I'm the sad little girl with no friends and I tripped your savior complex into action? Usually I can deal with the hot and cold thing, but not today. Just leave me the hell alone.

Gus
Master of Haven

Re: Glitches in Eoin's books

Postby Gus » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:40 am

My Artemis Fowl game: | |

Diana
Ruler of the People

Re: Glitches in Eoin's books

Postby Diana » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:45 am

(My avatar was given its awesome existence by the benevolent Voldy.
If Cuddy doesn't look familiar, )

Nikita
Tweetie

Postby Nikita » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:49 pm

Owen: You okay? Want to get a drink or something?
Cristina: Oh. Oh, now we're on again 'cause the mood suits you? Because I'm the sad little girl with no friends and I tripped your savior complex into action? Usually I can deal with the hot and cold thing, but not today. Just leave me the hell alone.

ArtemisFowlIII
Atlantean
Real First Name: Anastasia

Postby ArtemisFowlIII » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:20 am

http://pentacle.nocturn-glare.net
The Pentacle-Check out this bartimaeus trilogy fansite and forums!
Artemis....is mine!! *defends self from attack by Frost*

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:23 am

ArtemisFowlIII
Atlantean

Postby ArtemisFowlIII » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:10 am

I'm from belarus(it used to be part of the soviet union) and speak russian. i must say i was extremely amused by the description of hte russian mafya.

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Sat Oct 07, 2006 3:38 am

ArtemisFowlIII
Atlantean

Postby ArtemisFowlIII » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:36 am

well, i(thankfully) haven't had any experiences with the russian mafya but it sounds pretty accurate. they're pretty rough people. and i especially loved how they called britva the menidjer, it was funny.

hmm..i think in one of the books it says the moonbelt makes you 1/6th of your weight and in another it says 1/5th. or is it just me? because on the moon gravity is 6 times less, not 5, however in book 1 it definately says 1/5th

Gus
Master of Haven

Postby Gus » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:46 am

Nelier
Atlantean

Postby Nelier » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:57 am

I don't know if in the books in english happens this but in the 1st book (in spanish) the goblins are called trasks.

**Proud Hufflepuff daughter^^**
Sorry about my gramatical mistakes I'm from Spain and I don't talk english perfectly.

Izzy
Elf

Postby Izzy » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:07 pm

Nope the goblins are refured to as 'goblins' that doesn't change in the eng version.

Izzy

Thanks michelle439731
I am an official AFC agent...

tenniskiller
Swear Toad

Postby tenniskiller » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:34 pm

Yeah Izzy's right, the goblins are just goblins in the english version.

Also, trasks?
That's interesting...

[s]just a bit offtopicness[/s]
I'm sorry- i can't understand you. I only speak tennis. (And Gnommish.)

ArtemisFowlIII
Atlantean

Postby ArtemisFowlIII » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:17 pm

well, they use the moonbelt in the 2nd book then. i dunno. but the numbers are wrong, in any case.

Mortifus
Mud Man

Postby Mortifus » Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:56 am

I am generic Sci-Fi Race #123214457662-b
Resistance is FUTILE.
Take me to Sarah Connor.

Return to “Eoin Colfer”