"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur
Real First Name: Patrick

Re: Disease X - OCC

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:56 pm

ok cool

lol, I was wondering the same thing, I sent a responce back and it's under my sent messages... I'll resend it...
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 1: - Who's that
guy 2: - I think its a king
guy 1: - Why do think that?
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:07 pm

Who are you going to use? If you don't mind me asking. Patrick?

I sent something your way.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:05 pm

Just to say, I'll be joining too. Already talked about it with shiaw, and I'll post a charri bio up as soon as it's decided whether it's going to be own charri or canon. Yayyyyy, uber excited :D I havn't rp'd in ages.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:31 am

Ok, no more people can join at this point. I think more than 5 people would get really confusing and even with 5 there is going to have to be a lot of collaboration to make this work.

edit: do we want to have all of the main characters immune to the virus?
Mark Twain ~ "Let first assume that you are a member of congress, let us further assume that you are an idiot, But I repeat myself."

98% of teenagers do or have tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
"Common sense is not intelligence, common sense is simply the ability to not make yourself look stupid."
"Sharp pointy teeth" & " I fart in your general direction" & "you mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elder beries".
guy 2: - cause he hasn't got sh$t all over him! - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:19 am

Well, we don't want them to all get sick at the beginning but that would also mean alot of the danger might be taken out of it. Possibly there could be a limited vaccination that sometimes works, and eventually stops working but it gives the characters some time at the beginning?

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:21 pm

I agree with Kitsy. We don't want them all to go kerplop at the beginning. I think the vaccination is a great idea, but then maybe one by one, the weakest start getting picked off. Like maybe Foaly first or something. Please stop me if I'm ranting.
"Brian,"
"What?"

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:19 pm

Ok, sounds good. Also, those of us working in hospitals or a technie will almost certainly have bio suites which could give us some time as well.

We also need to decide what the symptoms of the disease will be. We obviously want it to be bad but we don't want it to incapacitate all those that got sick for the rest of their lives. We want them to be able to heal from the illness.

I was thinking a muscle and organ degenerative illness accompianied by large white pustules on the skin.
stage 1 (1 week after infection) Patient begins to experience extreem flu-like symptoms including: high fever, difficulty breathing, and lethargy.
stage 2 (2 week mark) flu symptoms continue, large white pustules appear on the skin
stage 3 (2 1/2 week mark) white pustules begin to burst, emitting a fowl smelling puss, muscles begin to degenerate, organs also begin to fail in order of: Kidneys, Liver, pancreas, lungs, and finally heart and brain.
stage 4 (3 week mark) death.

Virus is also antibiotic and magic resistant.
Method of infection (ex: air, water, contact) does not become clear until further study of virus.

That's just my idea, any thoughts?

Edit: I think we can go ahead and start the RP, the first few posts will be more of your life and your daily schedule more than anything else, the virus will appear after a few 1 or 2 days (of the rp characters life)

Try to make at least 1 post every other day if not every day. However, don't go more than 2 posts a day unless it's a direct dialogue between you and another charater in the story. This way no one gets left behind. If you don't post for more than 5 days then your character will either be killed of or the other RPers will take control of your character. The only exception is if you let everyone know before hand that you won't be able to RP for so and so amount of time for so and so reasons. No, being lazy is not an excuse :P

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Sounds good to me. Have to say, when you were describing the stages I was beginning to feel a bit sick myself. Good job.
"Brian,"
"What?"

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:41 pm

haha, well I wanted it to be mildly gross but not overly disgusting or gory. I didn't want blood seeping out of orifices or have skin start to slough off because that's just gross *shudders*

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:46 pm

That would be gross. Hey, so who should do the first post. I can do it if you wish.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Artimis look-alike
Sprite
Real First Name: Pat

Postby Artimis look-alike » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:58 pm

Geeze this should be a fun one
There's a flaw in the system, as usual

I actualy look like HARRY POTTER!!!

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:13 pm

I guess it's just whoever posts first, it doesn't matter to me.

Edit: I'll also be adding a big twist in the middle of the story to involve the LEP people more.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:18 pm

I'm just typing up my first post - I'll post it when I get back from the opticians (D:). Btw, I already told Shiaw but I'm going to make Cat immune to the disease (though obvs. she won't know atm) because she's already ill with a genetic illness (which I need to think of a name for.) Therefore, her genes make her immune but she's already sick. Probably should have put that in the bio "/

Eww, sounds like the bubonic plague xD

shiaw_bing2000
Centaur

Postby shiaw_bing2000 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:21 pm

it was between something along the bubonic plague or something along the line of ebola... I picked the one that a person could actually heal from and wouldn't kill you after 3 days... It's also less gory than bleeding out of all your orifices *shudder*

Also I should probably put up a bio for Sarah Lilan since she's my wife. I'll post a character sheet for her in a bit...

Return to “OOC Threads”