[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Challenge, The Second - Results. - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Challenge, The Second - Results.

Moderator: RPG-Forum Moderator

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name: Katarina

Challenge, The Second - Results.

Postby Kitsy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:50 pm

Artimis look-alike
Sprite
Real First Name: Pat

Re: Challenge, The Second - Results.

Postby Artimis look-alike » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:39 pm

Congrats to the winners I'll win the next one
There's a flaw in the system, as usual

I actualy look like HARRY POTTER!!!

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aliasZ

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:44 pm

Congratz to all the winners and runners-up! :laughing: I hope I'll be able to get an entry in for the next competition.

Oh, Kitsy -- do you think we'll be able to have more time to write the next submissions? I've been so busy lately so haven't had any time to write. I'd really have liked to enter this one, but my schedule was just so packed...

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:48 pm

I can give you a little sneak peek at the next two challenges - they will be done together as they are both done in pairs, and you will at the very least 10 days to do them in, possibly more. I hope that's long enough!

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:52 pm

Ten days is probably enough... and two at once? Ooooh, pressure! *laughs*

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:23 pm

Congrats, everyone! Especially Limey, loved your story!

I'd love some crit on my excerpt, if anyone is offering. Also, in the future, would it be possible for first and second to get a bit of crit too?

crystal_clear
but you can call me Awesome
Real First Name: O rlly nao?

Postby crystal_clear » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:43 am

Yeah, I was wondering why the top two didn't get any criticism?

Or maybe yours is just so perfect that there isn't anything to say. Lol XD

*Reads mine over* I wasn't as proud of this one as my introduction, but...

*Sigh* Oh well, there's always next time.
Last edited by crystal_clear on Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

Lime Yay
Ten o' clock

Postby Lime Yay » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:09 am

I really suck at winning things. But I am very grateful that I did. Thank you very much, Kitty, and Winter for complimenting my story. I am very glad you didn't read it as novel!abridged, because it felt that way to me and I couldn't quite shake it. But it's hard to read your own work properly. And I really know absolutely NOTHING about RPGs, except what I can guess from the words "Role Playing Game," so I am glad it wasn't too... out of sorts.

I'm sorry I couldn't help you read these over, dear Kitty. I was at work. :( I would have loved to help though. I am so much better at pointing out others' flaws than at writing well myself. Lol, jk-ish. So is the next challenge in pairs as in, working with another person?

Congrats to everyone. People have been improving by leaps and bounds. Griffar, I wouldn't have been able to tell you were the same writer, honestly, from reading your old stuff in the inklings. I thought crystal_clear's presentation of the story was very clever and creative. And I just adore-adore-adore Winter's word choice for her work. I especially loved the beginning to her story. Very nicely written.

~Lime Yay

Thanks to Diana for the sweetest (erm... sourest?) signature ever!

crystal_clear

Postby crystal_clear » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:43 am

Facebook: Stealing every aspect of your daily life and using it in our plan to dominate the world through mind control and hamster wheels since 2006.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:10 am

I was originally going to get everyone to put forward their names, write them down and pick 'em out of a hat. But then timezones might be a problem "/ I'm not quite sure yet. Any suggestions?

Winter, sorry I couldn't give any critique on it, it's not something I do very often so I couldn't find anything wrong with it xD

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:35 pm

I don't really even understand how we can do that in pairs... Are we PMing each other? I would actually like to be able to turn something in this time, and the ten day thing is nice because it leaves me a lot of time, but this is confusing. Are we swappping characters and doing scenes with them, or are we each contributing to one post that has both our characters in it?

crystal_clear

Postby crystal_clear » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:04 pm

What I think you should do, Kitty, is assign everyone numbers and then pull them out of a hat wherever it is that you currently reside. It would be random, and how would we pick from a hat online anyway?

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles

Postby Kitsy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:56 pm

Well, I'd actually write them down and put them in a real-life hat (or bowl etc.) XD I would live an online hat, but I don't think I can get one :(

For the pairs challenge - well, you can do it over PM or over MSN etc. Basically, it's because role-playing is all about working with others and characters interacting. You'll be writing say two, three posts each as if from a role-play. I'll be posting up the challenges tomorrow hopefully so I can explain myself better.

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:04 pm

So the pairs will be random then? I see now. I was under the impression that we'd be able to choose. *laughs* But obviously that wouldn't work.

Will there be a post/word/line/page limit to how much we can RP, or can we just RP as much as we can in ten days and have you judge the RP as an overall piece? I mean, as long as we put effort into each individual post, too.

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:24 pm

I think we should be limited to how many roleplay posts we are allowed to make in the ten days. I mean, some of us might not be able to log in enough to write as many as otehrs, so some pairs would be at a disadvantage. I think we should also have to start and conclude the roleplay in the ten days. I mean, it's very possible to do a 6-8 post complete roleplay if it's planned out before hand.

I really like the idea of having our names drawn from a hat ^^ Where do we sign up? =3

And will we be judged as a pair, or individually? ie, will each person in the pair still be competing against one another, or will we be working together? Because if we're working against each other we won't be able to edit it together once we've finished, but if we're working together then would one person of the team be allowed to be in charge of editing?

I prefer the idea of working together, because that way the more experienced writers also have a chance to teach the other writers and help them grow. It also means my idea of 6 posts in the 10 days could be used, because we wouldn't have any qualms about working together and plotting before hand.

I like the idea of working against one another as well, but would we be allowed to edit our roleplay before sending it to you still?

Return to “A Duel of Inkspills”