Challenge, The Second - Results.

Moderator:RPG-Forum Moderator

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name:Katarina
Re: Challenge, The Second - Results.

Postby Kitsy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:33 pm

You'll be working together, and obviously I can't stop you editing your posts but I would rather you didn't. Grammar and writing style will count less for this one (though obviously it's still important, as it is important in role-playing) but more for the way you work together and obey the rules of rp'ing. This challenge is aimed very much at role-playing itself, as some people wanted a challenge or two that would focus on that.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:36 pm

Yes, an actual RP competition, not just plain writing, will be exciting and challenging.

A thing I don't like, though, is planning what is going to happen beforehand in a limited number of posts. That's why I like spontaneous RPing, because anyone can take the storyline and run with it. I do that when I'm writing, too -- I plan out a basic plot, and drive towards that plot while adding in all these details and taking a few detours along the way. That's my reason for wanting unlimited posts in the RP -- so that the plot can go anywhere. If I know what's going to happen, there won't be any joy for me in writing it. I'll get bored, and my writing will be messy and half-hearted.

I know that the competition can't cater to everyone's personal needs/requests, and that unlimited posts might put a drag on the judges to read, but for me at least, it'll be funner.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name:Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:59 pm

If we had unlimited posts then there could be pages and pages to read, per pair. However, if you'll go read the thread I just posted you'll see that I discourage planning beforehand. It will not be a whole role-play, just a snippet so you don't need to worry about getting in lots of details etc. You'll know that in roughly so-and-so many posts you'll probably need to come to some sort of ending (not necessarily the ending of the role-play, more like an ending of a scene) but until then you can do whatever you want.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Lightbulb621
Orangeylicious Queen

Postby Lightbulb621 » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:06 pm

Everyone writes really well! ^.^ Congrats Limeyyy and Winter! :P
Gus Revolution
I heart my giant orange plushie and fluffy orange doggy. AG&Tyrie<3
Member of the Obnoxious Teenagers Club.
Official Secret AFC Agent
twitter outline behance

Return to “A Duel of Inkspills”