Challenge, the Third and Fourth. - Update, check first post.

Moderator:RPG-Forum Moderator

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name:Katarina
Challenge, the Third and Fourth. - Update, check first post.

Postby Kitsy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:22 pm

Post maximum has changed. Each can post from 2 - 9 posts each.

Welcome, fellowhood of the Inkspills, to our dual challenge.

First, our pairs. However, we do have the problem of an odd number. One group shall have a three-way challenge, and the difficulty of this will be taken into account in the judging.

BkkprGirl - crystal_clear - hollyshort_reconjock
Artimis look-alike - Cat Moon
Winter - Foalysgirl

Just a note: these pairs were not picked randomly. I deliberately paired together those who have definetly role-played bfore with those who may not have so as to make it even and for those who have role-played to assist those who havn't.

Challenge the Third
There are many different types of fights, and so each pair shall get their own situation. Apart from the actual place and circumstances of the fight, the rest is up to you. It would probably be a good idea to decide what brought you to this point and roughly what the history of your characters are. Apart from that, I would prefer the rest be spontaneous role-playing, ie. very little planning involved.
These are the rules:

You should not go back and edit your posts with the help of someone else.

You must obey the rules of role-playing - godmodding, grammar rules etc. As you are fighting, instead of saying you hit someone, say you lunged at them and it is up to the other person to decide whether they were hurt or not. On the other hand, be realistic, you will get hurt. If someone is to die, then obviously some godmodding will occur but that should be discussed prior to the event.

You may post between 2 - 5 posts each. Please do not make them ridiculously long - just as any other role-play post would be, perhaps slightly longer.

You will be judged on your ability to interact with the others, how well you cooperate, how realistic your character is. We do not want to read about invincible characters - that's not fair on the others and is a little boring.

Remember we don't know what has happened previously, so give us a little description of the characters and hint to previous events.

Winter - Foalysgirl - You are pirates! Where, who else is there, why etc. is all up to you.

Artimis look-alike - Cat Moon - You are in space! This is set in the future, so futuristic technology is allowed, but just don't be ridiculous about it. You are still human, so abide by those rules.

BkkprGirl - crystal_clear - hollyshort_reconjock - You are mythical creatures; vampires, centaurs, fairies, your pick. Please do not base this on any book or movie, everything must be original.

Each pair (or triplet) will get a thread in this forum to post in.

Challenge the Fourth.

Ah, romance romance romance.
You will be in the same pairs, and exactly the same rules apply. The sky's your limit on this one, I am giving no situations so you can all decide whatever you want to do. 2 - 5 posts each please.
You can make the thread for the romance role-play whenever you wish, in the same place.

Remember, neither of your challenges need to finish off neatly as if at the end of a role-play. By all means, leave it at a cliffhanger if you wish (but do try not to plan too much.) As long as we get a sense of it and it entertains then do what you wish.
All OOCs should be through PM etc, though you can make an OOC thread if you want to.

The due date is: August 17th.
I will not be here until August 21st (probably) so expect results some time after that.

Good luck, enjoy, and... constant vigilance!
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Artimis look-alike
Sprite
Real First Name:Pat

Re: Challenge, the Third and Fourth.

Postby Artimis look-alike » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:44 pm

Excellent I need to contact Cat moon I have an idea for the story
There's a flaw in the system, as usual

I actualy look like HARRY POTTER!!!

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:24 pm

With the next one, I was wondering, perhaps we could have different partners? don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled to be partnered with Foalysgirl, but we live in almost complete opposite timelines from what I can gather, which means we're rarely online at the same time. We'll only be able to get in contact with each other maybe once or twice every 24 hours, so it'll take us days to decide on what we're fighting over, let alone roleplay it.

I don't mind, because I have an idea for this one and if Foalysgirl agrees to it I think we can get into it fairly quickly. But it might be a problem for us and others in the future.

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name:Katarina

Postby Kitsy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:40 am

Hm, could you talk to the three-way group and see if there is someone there who is on at roughly the same time as you and if Foalysgirl fits in with them? I would do it, but I'm off soon and I don't know which timezones everyone is in.

EDIT: But apparantly that's been sorted!
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Re: Challenge, the Third and Fourth. - Update, check first post.

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:11 pm

*freaks out* Aaaaah! I'm late, I'm late, for a very important -- er, um -- RP!!! *rushes over to corresponding thread with mounting excitement*
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Return to “A Duel of Inkspills”