Moderator:RPG-Forum Moderator

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name:Katarina
Winter - Foalysgirl. Arrr, me hearties.

Postby Kitsy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:27 pm

Enjoy.
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

Winter
Pixie

Re: Winter - Foalysgirl. Arrr, me hearties.

Postby Winter » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:11 am

JasperRhyme
C A P T A I N OF T H E E L S I E M A Y
----------------------------------------

• Jasper swore loudly and stuffed a golden spyglass into the inside pocked of his lengthy green coat. In the distance a tall mast was climbing through the clouds, and atop it: a pirate's flag. They were catching up, and they were catching up quickly. He tapped his lengthy nails on the wood and frowned at the oncoming ship. He was in a fine predicament.

"That's quite a ship you've got there," he muttered to himself, watching as the elegant Betty-May rose above the low clouds. "I might just have to steal that from you, too." He spat overboard and turned to his crew. He pointed at a spare hand and shouted, "Victor, hoist the red flag!"

For a moment Victor stared at him. "But, Captain-"

"Do you dare defy me? Hoist it I say! This will show our chasers that we mean business. Dale? Check on the book; make sure it's secure." He paused, and then added in a whisper. "If we go down, throw it overboard."

He sighed as Dale scurried away to the hold. He hadn't expected the Betty-May to catch up so quickly. Who built that ship? He'd have to look into it once this mess was sorted and he had the Book of Law safely in Cirnchester with Alice. But no matter, while the Betty-May might be faster, the Eslie May was a 'man-o’-war' and better suited for battle. He crossed the deck quickly and took the helm from Peaks. It was time to stop the ship and play the game their way.

"Who is your captain?" he wondered quietly with a quick glance back at the approaching mast. Somewhere behind him he heard his quartermaster tell the crew to prepare to engage. Betty-May, I'll be sure to sink your sails. This book is mine.
Winter
OOC//
A red flag means that no mercy will be shown and that lives won't be spared. Man, this roleplay requires a lot of research XD *just finished reading through pirate glossaries and pirate ship diagrams*
Last edited by Winter on Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:36 am

Lor lowered her own spyglass and gave a smile; even though her hair and clothes made it seem that she was a man, her face revealed her true self,a woman. The sails of her ship were at full mast, the wind making them billow. Her ship, the Betty-May, was gaining quickly on the E L S I E M A Y. Soon the Book of Law would be in the hands of the elderly Librarian that sent her to retrieve it. She noticed the red flag. You want to start a war? Then so be it. She thought.

"Stephano, raise our red flag in response," she demanded. She turned to another. "Simeon, get the monkey ready with your powder monkey." Two of them left.

She rushed to the wheel and grasped it with both hands. Her ship was coming up along side the E L S I E M A Y. "All hands ahoy!" She yelled. "Be ready to fire!" Most of the crew ran down to the cannons. She could smell the scent of gunpowder come up from below deck. She took a deep breath, she loved that smell.

-----------------

Monkey: Small cannon
Powder Monkey: Gunner's assisstant
All Hands Ahoy: All hands on deck
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:28 am

JasperRhyme
C A P T A I N O F T H E E L S I E M A Y
  • "Belay the anchor" Jasper screamed. "Reef the sails!"

Cannon balls whipped through the air, leaving indefinite holes in the clouds. The sky was full of sound; the booming bangs from the canons, the smashing of timber and the inconsistent shouts of the crew members. The Betty-May was close enough that Jasper could hear her crew too, but he paid them no heed. They had raised their flag too - it was a fight to the death and he had no time for the little details.

"We're too 'eavy!" someone shouted. "Canons aint' level no more!"

Jasper considered this for a minute before yelling back, "Scupper the wenches and their rations." And after a second of hesitation, and much to his crew's dismay: "And the hogshead too."

Without the extra weight of the slaves, their food and the rum, the Elsie May returned to the ideal height. But their loss of time had been damaging; they only had time to fire a couple more canons before they collided with the enemy ship with a loud and deafening bang. Wood caught on wood, flightfins caught on flightfins, and timber screeched as it got ripped apart by the canons that hadn't been withdrawn in time.

And then for a single, solitary second, there was silence as the two ships rested in the air side by side. This was broken quickly; Jaspers crew screamed and drew their cutlass's, and the deck was overcome with almost instant chaos.

Jasper narrowed his eyes and scanned the fight for the Betty's captain. He would be happy to see such a persistent man meet the rope's end, so planned to see to him himself. Even if he tries to bargain, I won't hand over the Book, Jasper thought scathingly. I'd rather watch me men die and me ship sink to the Earth than give away the key to Alice's heart.
Winter

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Lor watched his ship sink slowly. She smiled, this would be easier than she thought. Then the ship's crew began to throw things overboard, losing his food, rum and slaves. She gritted her teeth, she always hated when pirates carried slaves. She was one herself, a long time ago.

Lor used to have a family, vague memories were all that were left. She remembered once having a brother, a mother, she never knew her father he left when she was younger. But she was taken by pirates at the age of 7, after the claims of her real life were discovered she was forced to work. She learned the craft of skypirating and soon became a Captain of her own.

"Sasha, take the wheel. I'm leading the boys in boarding the Elisemay." She left and drew her pistol. She grabbed a piece of hanging rope. "Prepare to be boarded!" She yelled. She swung over, followed by most of her crew.

She landed with a thud onto the deck and began to shoot. She eyed the captain and pushed her way through the crowd.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:12 am

JasperRhyme
  • When Jasper finally caught sight of their captain he was a little surprised. The captain of the Betty-May was young (younger, even, than his 28 years) and had a very boyish, almost feminine face. It was a face he almost recognized - but he didn't have time to wrack his brains for memories. If he wanted to get back to Cirnchester and win the heart of the senator, Alice Kor, he had to sink the Betty-May and decapitate her crew. The Book would never be safe while they knew where it was headed.

Jasper had long stopped caring about anyone other than Alice. He was distant, even, from his own crew. He had no family left: his Skypirate father had abandoned him when he was young, and he had no idea what had happened to his mother since he left home, at the age of fifteen, to search for his kidnapped little sister. He had loved his sister dearly, and he had spent seven years looking for her, to no avail. Eventually he had given up, and had resigned himself to detachment - and then he met Alice.

Alice was a strong and powerful woman of the senate who secretly craved adventure. They had met at an underground Pirate bar in Cirnchester, where Alice had disguised herself as a commoner. She had taken a liking to Jasper and his stories of flying, and he had fallen in love with her. However, when she became a senator they saw each other less frequently (for a senator to have pirate friends; it was unheard of!) and Jasper knew even before then that his love was unrequited. But he still had hope: Alice needed this book. If only he could get it to her!

"So this is the captain of the Betty-May," he jeered loudly, pointing his sword at the young captain's fair face as they approached one another. "It's a pleasure to finally meet you. But considering what I'm about to do to you, I doubt you're thinking the same."

Winter
OOC//

I just realized that Alice and Jasper are both Twilight names D= I swear that wasn't intentional. I don't even like Twilight.

EDIT: I just looked it up, and what's even worse is that Alice and Jasper are dating in Twilight D= D= D= Is it okay if I change Alice's name?

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:16 am

"You thought right, but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to put an end to your little...voyage. My employer paid me really well to bring back that book." Lor gave a mock bow and raised her pistol. "I don't see why he wants it, just a bunch of letters scribbled on a page." She shrugged. "All well, it's money."

She stared into the Captains face, something seemed familiar about it. And even though there was chaos around her, the world still slowed down. She stepped forward--her pistol still raised--ignoring the fight going on around her. She got bashed back, making her pistol shoot into the air. She fell to the ground.

"Captain Luke!" Someone cried. The crew had no idea that Lor was indeed a female. No one would take her as a serious Captain if she went around with the name like 'Lor,' and if she did join a crew she would be stuck as the cooking wench. So she made up the persona 'Luke' in order to get a crew and gain their respect. The crew member instantly jumped on the back of her attacker. She quickly got back to her feet.

She placed the pistol back into her boot and pulled out her second one. This time she wouldn't miss; she charged forward. Her intentions were to kill the Captain, take the book and take any of his crew on board who would take her on as Captain. She could see her prey getting closer.

"It's kinda sad I'm going to have to kill you cause you're a respectable foe." She stopped and targeted Jasper's chest. She could hear the sound of her gun now and see the blood streaming down his chest. The image made her smile.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:38 am

JasperRhyme
  • Jasper laughed and returned the boy's jeering bow with a curtsy of his own. He continued to smile nastily as the pretty boy raised his pistol, and didn't consider for a second sheathing his sword and drawing his own. He almost pitied the little captain. "You don't even know what this book's worth," he said, easily concealing his surprise. "No matter what your contractor is paying you, it's worth a hundred times more. I'm afraid that I can't hand over something like that to somone who doesn't appreciate it's value.

He mimicked his movements as the enemy captain moved forward, and was about to lunge at him and dodge his shot when Victor, one of his youngest men, jumped out of nowhere, bashing the Betty-May's captain aside. The captain's shot went into the air and pierced one of the uppermost sails. Idiot, Jasper thought. I don't need your help. You'll just get in the way. And as though in answer to his complaint, Victor fell under the body of an enemy. Jasper returned his attention to the captain, who had drawn a new pistol from his boot.

"Likewise," said Jasper as he jumped forward. "Maybe when all this is over, I'll keep you as a slave. You're pretty for a boy, after all. He raised his sword with the intention of hitting the captain's gun from his fingers - he would be at an advantage if it were a sword fight. He didn't like guns - they were weapons for people who couldn't handle the feeling of metal inside flesh; of killing with their own two hands. Jasper thought these kinds of people were weak - cowards, even. To shoot somone from a distance is easy, but to drive a blade through someone's living flesh an infinite times more difficult.

He spun back round to face the enemy captain, and lunged at him again.

Winter

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:11 pm

Lor jumped away from his sword, but not before it slashed through her shirt. She looked down, that was a close call. So that was his game. She slipped her gun back into her belt and pulled out her own sword. "You're going to pay for that. And there's no way I'm going to be a slave for you, too long was I a slave for ungrateful pirates like yourself. Your kind are the reason why I fight for the freedom of slaves and the poor!" She yelled.

She lunged and got his arm. She gave a smile and jumped onto the balustrade of the ship. Fight from the high ground, a trick she heard from her captors. She crouched and grasped a hand on the rail. She soon pushed herself off and tackled him to the ground. She placed her sword against his neck. "Now give me the book or you die."

She stared into his eyes and froze. Now he looked familiar, who could forget those eyes. Those were the eyes of her brother, Jasper. She lowered her sword to her side.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:27 am

JasperRhyme
  • He wasn't just pretty - he was fast, too. Jasper hadn't been expecting the other captain to be so quick on his feet, and was caught by surprise as his enemy slipped away from the edge of his blade with just a scratch, and wheeled around with surprising force to push Jasper to the ground. Jasper lifted his chin a little away from the blade at his throat. 'I was careless,' he thought. But he wasn't about to start worrying just yet.

"You fight for freedom, because of your own past." he said, smirking despite his position. "You think you're selfless. You think you're fighting to protect other people. But really it's just self satisfaction, isn't it? I doubt somone like you has ever killed a man with their own two hands, because you don't have the motivation. You don't love somone enough to kill." His smile turned arrogant when the boy pulled his sword away, dropping his arm to his side. Without looking away, Jasper fumbled for his own sword which had fallen from his grasp when he fell. He found it, and swung it round to point directly a his enemy.

'I'm right, aren't I?' he said, getting to his feet. He thought of Alice, and how this book was his last chance to win her heart and have happiness again. He thought of his parents, and the life he could have lived had his father, who was so much like this 'selfless' captain before him, not run away to fight for the masses, without a second thought for his family. If his father had stayed, Lor would never have been dragged into the politics. She would never have been kidnapped. Jasper would never have lost his beloved little sister.

Now that he thought about it, this captain's eyes were similar to his father's. Rage boiled in his stomach. He could never let somone like that live.

"People like you disgust me, he spat.
Winter
OOC//
That was some pretty heavy godmodding, Foaly =S

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:36 pm

The Captain was also fast; Lor stared at his sword. She looked up at his face once more and realized who it was. It was her brother, Jasper. Lor raised herself on her elbows. She guessed he didn't recognize who she was, it was understandable. The last time they saw each other was when she was seven. "Jasper? Is that you?" She asked. She wondered if he was going to attack or stay his hand. She remembered him always being a gentle soul as a child.

Once again the world around her slowed down. Her breath came slowly, making her chest move smoothly up and down. Tears filled her eyes. She could've tossed aside his sword and killed him, but how could she kill her own brother.

"Captain Luke, kill him!" Someone called to her.

She got to her feet and began to swing her sword down.

OOC: Winter, you can post.
Last edited by FoalysGirl on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:18 am

JasperRhyme

• "Jasper? Is that you?"

And then suddenly Jasper's world came crashing down. That gentle voice, those beautiful eyes; if his enemy wasn't Lor herself then he, Jasper, was but a common thief. This was his sister. The innocence that he had loved, laughed with, built a tree house for in his youth. The child that had been stolen away from him fourteen or so painful years ago, leaving him empty and driving him into his current profession. She, Lor Rhyme, was alive.

How could he have given up on her? How could he have so easily replaced her in his heart heart with Alice? He ought to have continued to seek her out: he should never have let lust and love tear him away from his duty to his family. And now, because of his negligence, his kid sister was a sky pirate, living a life hardly suitable for such a gentle woman.

But she wasn't gentle now. The years had changed her, and she wasn't the delicate seven year old he remembered. She was stronger, wiser, older. It was no wonder he had never found her. He could have passed her in the street a dozen times and not recognized her for who she really was.

"Lor," he whispered, biting back a bitter choke as Lor's sword penetrated his chest, driving into his heart. He could see the tears in her eyes and the pain on her face. He wanted to reach up his hand to her cheek, to whisper that it was alright; that this was the right thing to do. But there was no strength left in his arms. His sword clattered to wooden floor by his side.

'If only I had realized sooner,' he thought. 'I could have handed over the book. But I showed my biggest vice; I was overcome with anger. Now that you know who I really am, it's better this way.' He shut off his mind and closed his eyes. The pain was numb and the world was silent but for his sister.

"I finally found you," he said in his last few breaths. He smiled. This was how it should be. This was how his life of pain and misery should end. 'Finally.'
Winter
OOC//
Well, Seeing as this is our final day, I figured I'd try and end it. Would love to see a final post by you though, if you can get it in before it finishes ♥

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:35 pm

Lor felt her sword drive into his chest, blood blossoming from his shirt and trickling down to the deck. The fighting ceased and a cheer went around from her crew. "Jasper! No!" She cried. She pulled out the sword from his chest and held his head in her lap.

Her tears ran down her cheek and onto his chest. "Jasper, don't die on me." She ripped her pants and pressed it against his chest. Soon her hand was covered in blood. She looked at the crews. "Don't just stand there! Get both ships docked."

Both crews leapt into action. "I finally found you." Were his last words before he died. She got to her feet and hung her head, she had killed her brother and for what? A stupid book. The book was brought to her. She stared at it before taking it.

"Bring me a torch." She was given what she needed and she lit the book on fire. She then tossed it in the ocean.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:11 am

OOC//

I suppose that wraps it up. Lol, Ocean?

Anyway, it was fun =]

Return to “A Duel of Inkspills”