Challenge the Third - Results.

Moderator:RPG-Forum Moderator

Kitsy
Fufububbles
Fufububbles
Real First Name:Katarina
Challenge the Third - Results.

Postby Kitsy » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:22 pm

The first actual role-play competition is done and dusted, and it was so close! The results are seperated by the smallest percentages!

Before I go into the results, I just want to say I hope you all enjoyed that one and working with each other. If you have an suggestions for making competition in pairs and trios better, please tell me! All of them were brilliant and imaginative at that, not what I was expecting at all!

In third place with 77% is...
Spoiler:
Cat Moon and Artimis look-alike!

What I loved here was the way they worked together, two opposing characters with such different personalities and backgrounds, and the irony of what Cat's character thought of Artimis'. There was no god-modding in this one and they got top marks for working well together.
Cat, as this is your first competition and I havn't seen you around before I was pleasantly surprised at how well you write and rp!
Artimis, your style of writing is quirky and the first few posts of yours had me grinning - how ignorant your character was, and how cute the ship was! XD You lost some points for grammar and the constant joking did get old after a while, especially in such a serious situation, which lost you points for the realism of your character.
In second place with 78% is...
Spoiler:
Winter and Foalysgirl!

Skypirates! That was brilliant, really really brilliant. For a group effort you got full marks, the research into pirates, even the banner all showed your energy and involvement. The characters were for the most part realistic and as you pieced the story together from both of the characters you eventually got the full story - that was a very good idea. It did however seem quite planned, though that might just be because it all fitted well together. Some points were also taken off for minor god modding.
And so in first place with 79% (so close!) are...

crystal_clear, Bkkprgirl and hollyshort_reconjock!

This was the one that really gave the feel of a real role-play, with the character being so close, their relationships seeming quite complicated. It was smack bang in the middle of action which was hinted at just enough to set the scene, and the histories were told really well. Even though it was a fight scene competition, they changed it around so that it wasn't just like any fight scene. Because the characters were friends, because we saw how they changed it made the fight more intimate, more exciting.
Points were however lost for god-modding, more than in the other groups. This was because of the death of CC's character, Ofelia. Instead of Holly's character telling us she had died and taking the whole last scene, it should've been split so Holly's post ends on a cliffhanger that something has happened and CC herself has her character die. That takes out the aspect of godmodding and lets CC have her final bit in it.

Anyway, congratulations to everyone! I hope you enjoyed it, and I'll re-release Challenge the Fourth sometime soon.
Constant vigilance!
Silly little foul black twisted heart I am!
http://superkits.tumblr.com

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander

Re: Challenge the Third - Results.

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:18 pm

Congratz to everyone!! *gives congratulatory M&Ms* I really liked reading you guys's RPs -- they were so cool and awesome! I can't wait for the fourth challenge...
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Cat Moon
Commander
Location:HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:13 am

Well done HS_RJ, crystal_clear and Bkkprgirl! Yours was awesome! Loved reading it! *gives Milky Way bars of awesome winningness* And I loved Winter and Foalysgirl's too!

Really enjoyed this - I can't wait for Challenge the Fourth! :laughing:
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

Artimis look-alike
Sprite
Real First Name:Pat

Postby Artimis look-alike » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:21 pm

*same as Cat-moon*

Plus the gift of puppies :shiny:
There's a flaw in the system, as usual

I actualy look like HARRY POTTER!!!

"If fishes are part of the ecosystem, why do we eat them? *confuzzled about the whole concept of eating anything that's was once living*" PUT IT ON YOUR SIGGY!

Winter
Pixie

Postby Winter » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:43 am

Congrats, everyone! Sorry it took so long to reply, I'm madly busy TT and because this one dragged on for a lot longer than I expected I don't think I'll be able to do the Fourth. But that should even out the numbers a bit =]

Return to “A Duel of Inkspills”