[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
The Join - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

The Join

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie
Real First Name: Chelsea
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Hot_N_Spicy
Location: On your beach, smashin' your castles and makin' sushi with your seaweed.

The Join

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:19 pm

how will the two sides of hte story be joined? Will it be a tacky "one year later"? or will it somehow be one smooth transition

or will they abandon it?

what do you think?

i personally think it will be a "one year later" thing because i dont think to producers will care about subtleties like that they jsut want to get it done and transitions and bridges dont really matter in the grand scheme of thigns. although eiion colfer might want somehting a bit different like

"I wonder what he'll be like when he's thirteen" said holly
*fade to black*
you here mikhael and ... that other guy (i cant remember his name) arguing or maybe artemis senior waking up
*a cold arctic night fades back in*
go on with arctic incedent

what are your thoughts on the subject?

jaclyngirl713
Gremlin

Re: The Join

Postby jaclyngirl713 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:33 pm

Yes, good point. I so think that they'll do it well, something like the Series of Unfortunate Events movie. I like the way you set it up though, it's enough to show slight separation, but definitely not tacky.

BkkprGirl
Kid with the Typewriter
Kid with the Typewriter

Postby BkkprGirl » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:52 am

Wait... What are you even talking about? They're combining the first and second AF books into one movie??

When did we learn this?!

Sorry if I'm just behind on the news (I've kind of given up on the movie a little bit), but I didn't know about this.

It sucks.

Hot_N_Spicy
Pixie
Real First Name: Chelsea
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Hot_N_Spicy
Location: On your beach, smashin' your castles and makin' sushi with your seaweed.

Postby Hot_N_Spicy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:04 am

yeah im pretty sure i did read it on this site afterall... just artemis fowl was too short for a reasonable sized movie so they combined them and added a little bit on the end its just a bit of an epilogue.
not like "Nineteen Years Later" (sound familiar?) which would suck but its basicly people saying good bye and stuff

why do you think it sux BkkprGirl?

optiguy
Council Member
Real First Name: Darius

Postby optiguy » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:48 am

Well, I think it sucks because AF and TAI are 2 completely different stories. You can't just jump from "I'm kidnapping you, Holly." to "Please help me, Holly." I mean, I think they could easily make an entire movie out of the first book.

kogane
Goblin
Real First Name: Ko

Postby kogane » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:42 am

Firstly, I hardly think that producers would want to have the movie into joint movie. Frankly you get more money with more movies. It's a given. Also, I have to agree with optiguy when saying that there is a huge difference in the first two stories. I just can't see the two be put together.

And whatever screenwriter is actually says that the book is too short should be replaced... I'm not trying to be mean, but frankly even the book of Mice and Men was a fraction (six chapters) of Artemis Fowl and it was made into a full length movie several times. Professional screenwriters can do that. And if they don't have a good writer with the transition between book and movie then I'm not going to watch it.

Shadestar
Gremlin

Postby Shadestar » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:00 am

I suppose I'm one of the few people who wouldn't mind the joint. It could be done, the time difference might be different, but it could be done. The first book wan pretty short after all.

jaclyngirl713
Gremlin

Postby jaclyngirl713 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:32 am

I agree. I didn't really like the first book as a standalone-it would appeal more, especially to non-fans (is that a word?) as the two combined. Also, there is a bit more, er, developement in the plot and characters with the two combined, the first one being kinof an introduction, whereas the second one is more exiting. (to me, anyways, not claiming this as fact). That's just my opinion, though.

lotrfan
Commander

Postby lotrfan » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:21 am

No way. They can't make them into one movie! Yeah, they're completely different story lines. The first three books are pretty much the same length and they could definitely be separate movies. They have to be separate!!

They also have to give the actor a year to age. (because he's a year older in the 2nd book)

They also have to give him a year to change. (from evil to good). The effect wouldn't be as good in the same movie. And yeah, they'll make more money out of two movies

Obsessed with...Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Artemis Fowl, Maximum Ride, Avatar the Last Airbender....and proud
I am eternally greatful to xybolic for introducing me to Ouran High School Host Club, which I am now completely obsessed with!! :loveeyes:

"The same blood flows in my veins. The same weakness." - Aragorn, FOTR

"Don't worry Sam. Rosie knows an idiot when she sees one." - Frodo, FOTR

"Put aside the ranger. Become who you were born to be." - Elrond, ROTK

"Haruhi and I are the main chracters, so we're obviously love interests!" - Tamaki, OHSHC

jaclyngirl713
Gremlin

Postby jaclyngirl713 » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:52 am

Fair point. Hopefully it'll be long enough to fully accomidate bothe stories. But, knowing Hollywood, it won't.

Cat Moon
Commander
Location: HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:13 pm

They definitely should be separate - they're different plotlines. In a way, going after Artemis 1 is sort of following on after AF1, but only in a mild sense. Plus, there's the thing about, 'when it's over, it's over, so we have to leave it - the Book says so', which would carry far less weight if you have the second 'case' in the first movie.
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

bluelagoon24
Atlantean
Real First Name: Caroline

Postby bluelagoon24 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:32 pm

♫ For here am I sitting in a tin can
Far above the world
Planet Earth is blue
And there's nothing I can do...♫
-Space Oddity (David Bowie)

'Quan says I should go for less airy and more fairy'. ~ No 1

tahtswutshesed
Pixie
Real First Name: Casey

Postby tahtswutshesed » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:36 am

"Mom! Haruhi's using foul language!"
"'Mom' being...?"
"Position-wise, probably me."
-OHSHC

"Don't call me Julius! You always do that before you disobey me!"
-TOD

"Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders."
"What the hell is a Hufflepuff?
-AVPM

"Oh great. Just what this team needs, another smartass."
-TLC

My page on FF.Net: http://www.fanfiction.net/~tahtswutshesed
My official fan art: http://rad-mania.deviantart.com/

Knarpulous
Mud Man
Real First Name: Jade

Postby Knarpulous » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:47 am

Miramax is owned by Disney, I wouldn't have a problem with them making it. Miramax has done stuff like Kill Bill and the Brothers Grimm, which aren't what you'd normally associate with Disney.

Plus, if Disney was involved, it would probably have a decent budget. (That means good SFX)

optiguy
Council Member
Real First Name: Darius

Postby optiguy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:06 am

Yeah, I'm extremely worried that Disney is going to screw it up epicly. I agree with you about the non-fans having no idea what's going on. They could easily make a movie out of the first book alone, and if they did combine the two, it would be too long!

Return to “The Movie”