[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Who do you want to play Foaly? - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Who do you want to play Foaly?

The Artemis Fowl Movie is coming... On the 26th July 2013, Disney, in association with Harvey Weinstein, announced that a movie covering the events of the first two books was finally in the works!
foalyfan3
Gremlin

Who do you want to play Foaly?

Postby foalyfan3 » Fri May 01, 2009 7:27 pm

I'm not sure who i would like to play Foaly th Centaur. I did some research, and he is nothing like what greek mythology marks centaurs as. Centaurs are supposed to be vile and not at all gentle natured creatures.

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Re: Who do you want to play Foaly?

Postby FoalysGirl » Sat May 02, 2009 2:36 am

Hmmm...I guess I'd have to say that Johnny Depp could play a good Foaly. He can play that sarcastic, fun-loving, smart centaur and still look good. Plus he can do a pretty convincing Irish accent for an American man.
"Edwin, what's the plural for Ox?"
"Oxen. The farmer used his oxen."
"Brian,"
"What?"
"What's the plural for box?"
"Boxen! I bought two boxen of doughnuts."

---Brain's stupid in school comedy skit

"I'm the dude, playing the dude, disguised as another dude." ----Tropic Thunder

"Rock, paper, scissors, lizard, Spock." ------ Buffy season 6

"He was like....Napoleon!" ---Me

foalyfan3
Gremlin

Postby foalyfan3 » Sun May 03, 2009 12:28 am

thats true, he's kinda the guy I thought would do good, but I wasn't sure about the irish accent.

Cathy_1
Tunnel Blue Spider

Postby Cathy_1 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:52 pm

Foaly is my fave character and I really don't want them to screw him up. The perfect Foaly is the one in my head, but of course there will be no actor that looks like the image in my head. Irish accent? I only imagine Artemis as having an Irish accent. All the rest, in my mind, sound British.
No, this is Foaly the Centaur. Is this the kidnapping, lowlife human?- Foaly
Mulch: I realise, Julius, that this is not an accurate schematic
Root: An accurate schematic? Its a rectangle for heavens sake!

Mulch: So, slippers
Loafers: Thats loafers

No, mademoiselle, I would not like to see the children's menu. I have no doubt that the children's menu itself tastes better than the meals on it- Artemis

hollyshort_reconjock
Commander
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aliasZ

Postby hollyshort_reconjock » Mon May 04, 2009 9:55 pm

I've never really liked the way other movies have portrayed centaurs. Harry Potter was the worst. Firenze looked nothing like the centaur I had imagined him to look like. I want Foaly to be a sarcastic, yet sort of comical character. He can't be all mysterio, because that's not who he is. He's a fun guy, and his appearance should be fun. I never really thought about his accent, though.

foalyfan3
Gremlin

Postby foalyfan3 » Tue May 05, 2009 9:17 pm

I know, Foaly is like a comic relief/ super smart character. I don't like the idea of him being all mysterious looking and stuff. It's just not him!

Fantasykat
Mud Man
Real First Name: don't ask
Location: Hello?! The Library. Computer and Books. Where else would I be?

Postby Fantasykat » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:48 pm

Justin Bartha!!! You know, Riely from National Treasure! I think he would look awesome as a centaur!!! :loveeyes:
"I do believe in fairies! I do! I do!"
Dragons exist, live with it.
Turn and turn and turn again, we see the what but not the when; remedy and wrong entwine and so they form a single vine. -Prophecy of Blood, Underland Chronicles

Drama rules! Yay Breakfast-Club!
"Your opinion is irrelavent because I hate you." -Linds

tahtswutshesed
Pixie
Real First Name: Casey

Postby tahtswutshesed » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:58 pm

James McAvoy. :loveeyes:

"Mom! Haruhi's using foul language!"
"'Mom' being...?"
"Position-wise, probably me."
-OHSHC

"Don't call me Julius! You always do that before you disobey me!"
-TOD

"Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders."
"What the hell is a Hufflepuff?
-AVPM

"Oh great. Just what this team needs, another smartass."
-TLC

My page on FF.Net: http://www.fanfiction.net/~tahtswutshesed
My official fan art: http://rad-mania.deviantart.com/

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:39 am

"Brian,"
"What?"

Invisible Ninja
Pixie

Postby Invisible Ninja » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:24 pm

I say Foaly should be 3D generated. That would allow for the ultimate customization for the facial features, which would only pose the problem of getting a good voice for him.

Cat Moon
Commander
Location: HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:22 pm

I would vote either James McAvoy (though I'd prefer him as an elf - maybe Trouble?), because I've seen him in a fair few things and he was awesome, or otherwise I would vote Norman Lovett because that's how I imagine Foaly to sound like.
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

ArteyLover13
Cave Troll
Real First Name: Sada

Postby ArteyLover13 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:10 pm

Seth Green or Johnny Depp or Justin Bartha! Mostly Johnny Depp because he is so cute and he is good at voices!
I be Sada! Who you be?
Visit My DeviantArt! http://arteylover.deviantart.com/

tahtswutshesed
Pixie
Real First Name: Casey

Postby tahtswutshesed » Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:42 am

True, James McAvoy would work as an elf too. But see, I first saw this actor in The Chronicles of Narnia, as a saytr (that's the term for half goat/human, right?), and thought, "Oh, he'd be an amazing Foaly!!!"
"Mom! Haruhi's using foul language!"
"'Mom' being...?"
"Position-wise, probably me."
-OHSHC

"Don't call me Julius! You always do that before you disobey me!"
-TOD

"Hufflepuffs are particularly good finders."
"What the hell is a Hufflepuff?
-AVPM

"Oh great. Just what this team needs, another smartass."
-TLC

My page on FF.Net: http://www.fanfiction.net/~tahtswutshesed
My official fan art: http://rad-mania.deviantart.com/

Cat Moon
Commander
Location: HIVE - The Higher Institute of Villainous Education

Postby Cat Moon » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:37 pm

Yeah, that's where I first saw him too, and he'd be an awesome Foaly! But then again, there's the danger of getting typecast as an actor who plays furry characters...
Thankyou for my avvie, Rain! I luv it!!! :laughing:

Do not let the Cat out. No matter what I tell you. :shiny:

Never say that! Never! Run before you walk! Fly before you crawl! Keep moving forward! Because if we fail, I'd rather fail really hugely. All or nothing!
~Moist von Lipwig

+++Out of cheese+++Divide by Cucumber Error+++Please reinstall universe and reboot+++~Discworld

FoalysGirl
The Techie

Postby FoalysGirl » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:07 pm

Wallace Langham. He's David Hodges in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. I know he's American but he can play sarcastic, under-appreciated scientist.
"Brian,"
"What?"

Return to “The Movie”