things I do NOT want to see in the movie:
1) Freddy Highmore - I want Artemis to be older so that older people can watch the movie without feeling stupid, and Holly of course has to show interest in him so he couldn't be this chubby little adolescent whose voice hasn't changed. If they're going to change this movie (and they will) they might as well do something right and make him a little older. I nominate Skandar from Narnia, personally, or an unknown. Someone with a REAL Irish accent.
2) Keira Knightly - If Keira were Holly, there would be more lip-pursing than gun-fighting. Which would be disgusting. Holly has to be tough, not a beauty queen, and certainly not played by an actress who knows she is a beauty queen. Besides, Keira would be too unbelievable after all her other movies. Everyone would be thinking - Elizabeth Swann. No one would believe her as Holly.
3) Mulch in action - I have a feeling several directors would snatch this up as a crude-humor bit to make the film an R lol. I really have no desire to see Mulch Diggums doing his thing. It's alright to read about, but I really believe this part should be done as tastefully as possible when in film.
4) Changed dialogue - I don't think people would dare mess with the dialogue thing (who could write more snapping dialogue than EC, right?) but I do think that the delivery of this dialogue will be extremely important and most likely botched up by the actors they pick. Can't you picture Keira going: "If you know so much about us, then you know what happens when they locate me" with her big lips and her little cool head jiggle? It would totally ruin it! Or what about Freddy Highmore with his slurred little soft voice going: "Metaphorically or literally?" with his innocent, zoned-out expression. Ugh ugh ugh.
5) Opal - as an innocent-looking girl. I saw some nominations for her part on Google and they all look rather tame. Opal cannot be tame - she has to look like a devious, horribly hard and beautiful person. Maybe get Keira for her . . .someone who thinks she's princess of the world.