[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 81: Undefined variable: Array
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 492: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 368: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5133: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3843)
Oh CRAP!!! It Must Be Love - Page 31 - Artemis Fowl Confidential Fan Forum

Oh CRAP!!! It Must Be Love

Submit your Artemis Fowl fan fiction and media here.
Scarlett
Elf
Real First Name: Jessica
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Scarlett
Location: In a graveyard, talking to dead people. (I'm not mad. I'm just eccentric)

Re: Oh CRAP!!! It Must Be Love

Postby Scarlett » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:35 am

Wow, my absence seems to have caused an uproar.
sorry for being offline for ages guys. I haven't been feeling very well but the good news is that my next chappy should be posted today. If it isn't, then I'm most certainly dead.
p.s. that could have been a possability. a boy in my german class died last summer and facebook is still suggesting him as a friend. no one has deleted his page. so, for all you knew, i could have been dead. I know, in my will, I'll ask someone to tell everybodyonline that I'm dead Ok?
Most Creative member of the year 2011: Scarlett
Best Writer of the year 2011: Scarlett
Newbie Award 2011: Scarlett
Biggest Fan boy/ girl of the year 2011: Scarlett
The Interesting One 2012: Scarlett
Best Writer 2013: Scarlett

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress
Real First Name: Eden

Postby evilopalrocks! » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:30 pm

thank you.... and how did the poor german guy die?
Hi people.
I have something very important to tell you.
But now I forgot what it was.
Maybe I'll remember later. who knows.
If I will, I'll be sure to write it. So..... Yeah.
Dismissed. Carry on.

Scarlett
Elf
Location: In a graveyard, talking to dead people. (I'm not mad. I'm just eccentric)

Postby Scarlett » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:53 pm

he was on holiday with his family and his canoe capsized. I didn't know him that well and a felt i should have cause there were only 6 people in our german class. that's what makes it odd that I cried when I found out.

Scarlett
Elf

Postby Scarlett » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Chapter 37

“HOLY CRAP!!!” I screamed as we dived to the ground to escape the blaze of heat.
“For once I’ll agree with that statement!” I heard Artemis yell as he collapsed onto the floor next to me.
The blinding light died down above us. I looked across to where the dragon crouched, its eyes searching the room for us.
I froze.
“Keep very still.” I whispered to Artemis “Its sight may be like a cobra’s. It can’t see you unless you move.”
“Not planning to move.” was the reply.
The huge reptile`s long, black forked toung flicked out of the scale clad head to taste the air again.
“Ok, that thing’s gonna pick up our scent any minute so we have to find cover.” I murmured. I cast my eyes around the cavern and spotted a large crevice that split through the wall about 29 or 30 metres to the left of us. Like a huge crack, big enough to provide shelter from the flames. “Right. You see that fissure in the wall?”
He turned his head and nodded.
“Hard to miss it.”
“Well, when I say go, we move very slowly to it ok? No sudden movements or it’ll see us.” He nodded again. “Ok then. Go.”
Slowly and steadily we got to our knees, and then we rose to our feet.
I looked across to the dragon again who was still flicking its toung in our direction, still searching for our scent.
I took my eyes away from the creature, turning my attention to my path towards the crevice.
We both carefully picked our way across the floor, moving as slowly as we could.
A sudden rumble resounded throughout the cavern then and my head snapped towards the source. It was the dragon. Its head was pointed in our direction. It had picked up our scent.
It knew exactly where we were.
“Ok. Forget stealth. RUN!!!” I yelled and we ran.
We were about 19 metres away from our only hope of survival. The crevice.
I heard the dragon let out another blast of fire. The roar of it pounded my skull as we tried to outrun it.
I felt the heat searing my back but that didn’t stop me.
What stopped me was the fact that some idiot had left a pothole in the middle of the floor so, before I knew it, I was sprawled on the floor with a wave of flames closing in on me.
I suddenly felt a blazing pain ignite my right leg below my knee. I cried out in agony as I tried to drag myself the last few metres to safety.
“Jess!!!” I heard Artemis yell.
The light of the flames died down and I felt Artemis beside me, grabbing me by the shoulders and pulling me those last few metres.
The pain was excruciating and I was all I could do not to scream. I, instead, resorted to blacking out.

I opened my eyes again to see Artemis staring down at me. Only a few seconds must have gone by for my leg was in as much pain as it had been before I had blacked out.
I dimly noted that I had been dragged into the crevice but my thoughts were blurd.
I tried to sit up but it was too painful to do so.
“Don’t try to move.” I faintly heard Artemis say. “Stay here and keep out of sight.”
I forcefully shook my head and tried to sit up again but my leg flared up and a wave of unbearable pain hit me and, once again, I slipped into unconsciousness.

Artemis positioned his companion into the recovery position, just in case she decided to throw up in her unconscious state. It would not do for her to drown in her own vomit.
He tried not to focus on her injured leg because it would not do for him to pass out as well.
He grasped the sword in his sweaty hand and he dashed out of the shelter.
The dragon reared its head to face him, swelling its chest, ready to release more flames.
Artemis ducked and dodged the wave of fire that was aimed at him.
As he closed in on the beast, he searched for any weaknesses in the thing’s scaly armour. There were a mere few, at the leg joints mostly, but any blows dealt to those areas were not likely to cause mortal injury and Artemis had a feeling he only had one chance at this.
He was about 12 metres away when the dragon opened its mouth again and Artemis knew he would not have enough time to reach the creature.
He was going to die and his sword was as useful as a toothpick at this distance.
Then a thought struck him.
The whole of its body was protected, except the joint which were pretty much useless. However, its insides weren’t nearly as protected.
The creature swelled its chest once more, its mouth wide open, ready to send the mother of all fire-balls raging at the boy.
Artemis looked down at his sword and then looked back at the dragon and, without a moment’s hesitation; he hurled the weapon towards the open mouth.

yay, hope u liked that one :laughing:

Merv Simestra
Council Member
Real First Name: Meg
AFC Fan Fiction Name: Merv Simetra

Postby Merv Simestra » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:26 pm

YOU UPDATED!!!!!! :shiny: YAY!!!!!!

Is Artemis going to kill the dragon?! This chapter is the coolest so far. :> And I can't wait for the next one! :> Keep it up!
"On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God."
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble."

Procrastinator and Obsessive are my middle names.

Shameless plug: .

Pandora Hearts, the most epic manga to have existed. 2006--2015

Yona of the Dawn, Most Epic Romantic Manga

AliceFowl
Dwarf
Real First Name: Veronica

Postby AliceFowl » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Wow! Great job, Scarlett! You didn't abandon us, after all!! ;)
arikichu

aussiechick
Atlantean
Real First Name: Jasmine
AFC Fan Fiction Name: aussiechick

Postby aussiechick » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:56 am

wicked! yes i am back!
:eyeroll: :eyeroll: :eyeroll:

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress

Postby evilopalrocks! » Tue May 01, 2012 12:50 pm

Finnally!!!!!!! it would not do for him to pass out as well that was good!!!!!!! :lol:

BTW, WE WANT ANOTHER LOVESONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi people.
Dismissed. Carry on.

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress

Postby evilopalrocks! » Tue May 01, 2012 9:36 pm

speaking of Orion's lovesongs, I wanted to show my roommate my talent *modesty* at writing horrobly cliche' songs.. so I read her Orion's song #1

and afterwards she said somthing about how that song could be dedicated to her, because she has blue eyes (unlike Jess) and I said, yeah, but I dont have 2 personnalities... I have more!

and yes! that was a usless anacdote!
Hi people.
Dismissed. Carry on.

Scarlett
Elf

Postby Scarlett » Wed May 02, 2012 8:09 pm

Chapter 38

The blade seemed to travel in slow motion towards the dragon. Flames began to gush out of the thing’s jaws but was cut short by the weapon slicing through the roof of the mouth.
The dragon screeched, its head writhing on the floor, black blood pooling around the creature from the wound. Then the body went still, the screams ceased and the head fell to the floor, unmoving.
Artemis let out a breath he hadn’t realized he’d been holding.
Suddenly he remembered his close to dead friend lying unconscious in an oversized crack.
He dashed across the room/cavern and crouched down beside her. He examined her face, searching for any signs of her waking up. There weren’t any so he turned his attention to her, considerably more important, injury.
Immediately he felt like vomiting as soon as he laid eyes on her leg. His hand shot up to his mouth as he tried to keep the acids down.

I woke up see find myself in the recovery position. A moment of confusion passed until I remembered what had happened.
I had passed out and Artemis must have put me in the recovery position. How thoughtful.
I tried to sit up but a sudden agony inflamed my right leg and I gasped.
Artemis was abruptly by my side.
“Not a good idea to move.” he said.
I fell back to the floor, wincing as my leg spiked.
“Gotcha. How bad is it?” I replied.
Artemis’ eyes flicked worriedly towards my injured limb.
“Uhr...”
Uh oh.
I snapped my head down to look at the damage, crying out at the pain it caused but my cry was cut short by a sudden wave of nausea as I glimpsed, for the first time, my leg.
I saw that most of my trouser leg had burnt away, leaving my bear skin visible. I could hardly tell that what was left was skin though, with most of the surface bubbled with roar red burns and a few layers of flesh were also in full view from underneath the surface.
White, but bloody body tissue could be seen, layer by layer. It reminded me of a half peeled onion.
The last thing I noticed was the fact that my whole leg seemed to be covered in some kind of blackish goo.
“I think I’m gonna throw up.” I said, tearing my gaze away from the wound.
“I wouldn’t worry about the black stuff. That’s the dragon’s blood. I needed to cool that leg down before the heat spread too far and it the coolest thing I could think of.”
I nodded.
“So you killed it?”
“Yes. Blade to the mouth.”
I nodded again but then stopped, a thought popping into my head.
“Hang on. Isn’t dragon’s blood poison or something?”
“Not this stuff. I tested it first.”
“Uh, how?”
He shivered.
“Let’s just say, it tastes disgusting.”
I mirrored his shiver and took another look at my leg.
“I need to sit up.” I said. Artemis was about to protest but I stopped him. “Hey, I’m not about to drown in vomit when I’m conscious.”
“Fine.” He growled.
He hooked his arms under mine and helped me up into a sitting position. After a few gasps from me I managed to settle down and take a proper look at the damage, this time with the sickness wearing off.
“Ouch.” I said.
“Indeed.”
Artemis took off his blazer and tucked it between the wall and me, giving me support.
“Thanks” I mumbled. He nodded but said nothing. “So how the hell am I going to move on this thing and, more importantly, what am I going to tell my parents?”
Artemis sighed, trying to thing.
“The only thing I can think of right now is to bind it very tightly. Then it won’t hurt so much.” he replied, at loss. “Frankly I thing you should get some rest and we’ll carry on later.”
I shook my head.
“Later might mean Christmas day for all we know. No. We’ll bind the bloody thing.”
“It’s going to fell excruciatingly painful.” he warned.
I nearly chickened out then, remembering what it had felt like earlier, but I would have to make sooner or later so I dispelled such cowardice.
“Just do it.” I all but snapped.
“God, sometimes I hate how all the girls I meet seem to have an urge to prove their bravery.” he mumbled as he began unbuttoning his shirt.
“Woe, what are you doing?” I exclaimed, averting my eyes hurriedly.
“It’s the lightest thing we’ve got.” he replied, with a tiny hint of awkwardness in his voice.
I shifted a little to loosen the blazer that helped hold me up. Once the support was gone I felt very uncomfortable but, I thought to myself, I wouldn’t be there long.
“Put this on” I said, shoving the thing at his.
He gratefully flung it over himself and buttoned it up over his bare chest (and, before you ask, his bare chest was not that impressive).
He took his white shirt and carefully slid it underneath my leg and brought the two ends together, tying them into a loose knot. I winced as it made contact with my burnt skin.
“Ok, I’m going to count to three and them I‘m going to pull the knot tight.” he said. I nodded. “One.” In tensed. “Two.” I steeled myself, ready for the pain to hit, gritting my teeth. “Three.”
He pulled and I started to scream.

Chapter to be continued...

[shiver] ouch, I'm beggining to feel this.

Merv Simestra
Council Member

Postby Merv Simestra » Wed May 02, 2012 8:53 pm

This is awesome, Scarlett! :> I can't wait for the next one.

(Just how unimpressive is Artemis's bare chest? ;) Athena is certain Artemis is hot.)

AliceFowl
Dwarf
Real First Name: Veronica

Postby AliceFowl » Wed May 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Only Athena is certain? Really, Merv, have you read ANY of my posts???
arikichu

Merv Simestra
Council Member

Postby Merv Simestra » Wed May 02, 2012 10:28 pm

Oops, no I just forgot about you. :( Sorry!

evilopalrocks!
Heavenly Huntress

Postby evilopalrocks! » Thu May 03, 2012 5:25 pm

funny Athena still didn't commant!

Scarlett, when you described the wound, I nearly vomited!
Hi people.
Dismissed. Carry on.

chukaliteluvver
Centaur
Real First Name: DA IDYUT.
Location: Hands poised over the keyboard, trying to remember the idea I'd forgotten.

Postby chukaliteluvver » Thu May 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Okay, nasty owie. But for some reason, what really got to me was that HE ATE (or drank?) DRAGON'S BLOOD!!! EW!

And now, I'm visualizing a horribly mangled...ew, forget the dragon's blood, your'e giving me nightmares...

BUT POST SUNE.
Word to the general public: I ain't dead.

I cannot be the only one that cried in the Last Guardian. I simply cannot.

Return to “Artemis Fowl Media”